• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A little pre-spring update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

Great write up.

• Content Count:  5,245
  • Days Won:  2

i dunno how i feel about this...

Keep an eye on

RB Mike Ford: He arrived amid mega-hype after originally signing with Alabama. But Ford, a junior, has been only a bit player and needs to start living up to his high school hype. USF has struggled to run the ball consistently, and a revitalized Ford would help in that regard.

it certainly can't be denied that Mike hasn't made as much of an impact on our ground game as everyone would have liked, but i don't think "living up to his high school hype" or perceived inability to do so is necessarily all his fault.

when he joined the program he had been away from football for over a year.  he needed to be conditioned for BCS caliber football, and sophomore season was hit with injuries...

besides those two setbacks, i think Gregory and Franks did a poor job of utilizing Mike's talents over the past 2 seasons even when he was healthy.

the kid has shown flashes, and last year [2008] he showed that--- unlike his freshman year where his lack of conditioning manifested in decreased stamina--- he played better the more touches he got.

i have the utmost respect for all of our backs, including Mike, Mo, J-Mar and especially Rich Kelly [who has been grossly underutilized to the point that his freshman season was a wasted year of eligibility], but our coaching staff needs to identify the two best backs and give them all the touches.

this RB by committee **** needs to stop... especially when the "committee" is 5 deep!

• Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

I like how our new DC's strength with the DB's lines up with an area of need.  CJL can get the D line in shape, so this years D has a shot at surprising some people. 

On the other side it will be all about how quickly the OL can gel.  The talent is there.  If the OL can work well as a unit Katty bar the door.  As much as I hate the slow start to our season it could work out real well as the cupcakes provide a great chance for the O to get it together.  Should be another fun ride.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,633
  • Days Won:  29

... but our coaching staff needs to identify the two best backs and give them all the touches.

this RB by committee **** needs to stop... especially when the "committee" is 5 deep!

Injury and nobody being #1 is the reason we had so many RB's carrying the ball.

Taylor & Ford were hampered most of the season.

Archived