• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Roll UCF, 6-1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Courtesy: USF

Release: 02/28/2009

TAMPA- Looking to get back to their winning ways, the University of South Florida men’s tennis team traveled east on I-4 for a Saturday afternoon dual with in-state foe Central Florida. The 37th ranked Bulls did just what they wanted to do as USF came out on fire and took care of the Knights in a dominating fashion by handing the UCF a 6-1 setback.

The Bulls started the afternoon with doubles competition and wanting to take the early advantage. The Bulls swept all three matches to take the early 1-0 advantage.  The first win would come from the Bulls No. 3 position, the newly formed tandem of Arzhang Derakhshani and Alex Pukal. The duo of newcomers took care of Soltane and Dolgoykh, 8-4. It would then be Wael Kilani and Romain Deridder combining to clinch the point as they defeated Beigart and Delinks, 8-6.

The No. 53 ranked team of Lucas Jovita and Thomas Estrada capped off the doubles sweep with an 8-6 victory over Rocafory and Schwartz. Jovita and Estrada have now won four of their last five matches.

With a 1-0 lead in hand, the Bulls headed into singles competition looking to keep the ball rolling and freshman Mark Olijaca would kick the Bulls in to gear as he made quick work of Delinks, 6-1, 6-2 to push the lead to 2-0.

Shortly after, Bulls No. 1 Lucas Jovita would steam roll Ben Soltane ,6-4, 6-1, to push the Bulls to one point away from clinching the dual. The 53th ranked player in the country is now 5-3 on the season.

Fellow sophomore Jamal Adderley would deliever the clincher for the Bulls as he took care of Dolgovykh in straight sets, 7-5, 6-2, giving the Bulls the fourt hand decisive points.

With three matches still on going, the Bulls would add two more victories as Senior Mahmoud Hamed disposed of Beigart in the No. 3 position in three sets, 7-6(3), 5-7, (10-6) to push his dual singles record to 6-3. Freshman Wael Kilani would than add one more victory for the Bulls as he battled back after dropping his first set, 6-0, to Rocafort, to win the 6-3, 7-5 in the final two sets.

With the win the Bulls push their record above .500 to 5-4 on the season while the loss evens the Knights fallto 5-5.

The Bulls will now return home to Tampa for a while. On their return from Orlando, the Bulls will be home for four straight matches starting with Radford on March 8 at noon, followed by St. John’s on March 12, then Miami the following day. The Bulls end the home stand with a tilt against Florida Atlantic on March 15. After the home stand, the Bulls will travel to Baton Rouge, La., for a battle with the Tiger’s of Louisiana State University.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=36744&SPID=2931&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=3681505

Who writes these things? I like the adjectives.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Of course we destroyed them.  They're UCF.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we should  play these guys in all sports

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

seriously....its tennis, who cares?

Guest USF-TechGuy

seriously....its tennis, who cares?