• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another interviews for the DB position

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Who's the felon? Be careful about that. Being arrested on a felony charge (or charges) and being a felon are two different things.

you are correct He pleaded out into a diversion program.

Your dOuchetastic mistake in which you came across as a judgmental ***** that glossed over facts and misstated that USF has a felon coming in is exactly what outsiders will do regarding Demarest and his pretrial diversion program. . . . . . except they won't have Greg to set them straight.

Again, it is the appearance of corruption. . . . . not the act of corruption that damages reputations.  USF needs to find someone else.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont remember hearing about this guy in any capacity prior to his consideration for DB coach, let alone any potential impact his charges had on Rutgers' football program. What makes you think him joining our staff will cause everyone to look unfavorably on our team? This happened 2 years ago and Rutgers was just fine... if he can bring something to the table and make positive changes to the defense, hire him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Your dOuchetastic mistake in which you came across as a judgmental ***** that glossed over facts and misstated that USF has a felon coming in is exactly what outsiders will do regarding Demarest and his pretrial diversion program.

Who are these "outsiders" you speak of?

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Your dOuchetastic mistake in which you came across as a judgmental ***** that glossed over facts and misstated that USF has a felon coming in is exactly what outsiders will do regarding Demarest and his pretrial diversion program.

If i was an opposing Def. Backs coach recruiting a kid who Demarest was recruiting for USF, I would be sure to mention to the kid's mother that the guy who was sitting in her living room the day before (who seeks to mentor her son for as many as 5 years) quit his previous job in shame because he beat on his girlfriend.  Because recruiting is scummy and because pretrial diversion programs are convoluted and tricky 99% of the time people think you took a conviction (right flasportsfan :)).

BTW, when I was 17, my mom would have wanted to know that about the guy sitting in her living room recruiting her son.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Who's the felon? Be careful about that. Being arrested on a felony charge (or charges) and being a felon are two different things.

you are correct He pleaded out into a diversion program.

Your dOuchetastic mistake in which you came across as a judgmental ***** that glossed over facts and misstated that USF has a felon coming in is exactly what outsiders will do regarding Demarest and his pretrial diversion program. . . . . . except they won't have Greg to set them straight.

Again, it is the appearance of corruption. . . . . not the act of corruption that damages reputations.  USF needs to find someone else.

The Coach has not been convicted of anything either

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

The coach was not convicted of anything because he went through Pre-Trial Intervention.  If you are lucky enough to be offered PTI, you take it.  And once you have completed the program, normally the charges are dropped.  Had he not chosen to take the PTI (which would have been a major error on his part), he very well could have been convicted.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

The coach was not convicted of anything because he went through Pre-Trial Intervention.  If you are lucky enough to be offered PTI, you take it.  And once you have completed the program, normally the charges are dropped.  Had he not chosen to take the PTI (which would have been a major error on his part), he very well could have been convicted.

which is my point

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If i was an opposing Def. Backs coach recruiting a kid who Demarest was recruiting for USF, I would be sure to mention to the kid's mother that the guy who was sitting in her living room the day before (who seeks to mentor her son for as many as 5 years) quit his previous job in shame because he beat on his girlfriend.  Because recruiting is scummy and because pretrial diversion programs are convoluted and tricky 99% of the time people think you took a conviction (right flasportsfan :)).

BTW, when I was 17, my mom would have wanted to know that about the guy sitting in her living room recruiting her son.

Yeah this is a legitimate concern IMO. 

Archived