• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orlando Sentinel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

The Orlando paper is a joke, and so is that Orlando college . . . let's move on and discuss something meaningful, like season ticket projections for next year.  8)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,073
  • Days Won:  469

Anyone want to talk about an on campus stadium?

• Content Count:  102

I do...

First thing on the agenda...Stop everybody from shopping at University Square Crime Center Mall.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

I realize people are going to go nuts over the whole idea of us getting the same grade as UCF in terms of incoming class, but they have different expectations than us. A B class in C-USA would be like a C class in the Big East. I dont think their writer really thinks that there class is as good as ours.

That's it exactly. I already responded to a similar thread over on the State of Florida Board:

Actually, that's a pretty good indication of how much better Buchalter thinks of our program is than UCF's. He obviously graded on some sort of a curve. Our class was head and shoulders above the UCF class, based on the rankings. What he's saying is that we both can do one grade better but the ceiling is a lot lower on UCF than it is on us. If you reversed the classes, we would haven't gotten a 'C', if not lower, and UCF would have received an A+.

Guest nybullsfan

I realize people are going to go nuts over the whole idea of us getting the same grade as UCF in terms of incoming class, but they have different expectations than us. A B class in C-USA would be like a C class in the Big East. I dont think their writer really thinks that there class is as good as ours.

That's it exactly. I already responded to a similar thread over on the State of Florida Board:

Actually, that's a pretty good indication of how much better Buchalter thinks of our program is than UCF's. He obviously graded on some sort of a curve. Our class was head and shoulders above the UCF class, based on the rankings. What he's saying is that we both can do one grade better but the ceiling is a lot lower on UCF than it is on us. If you reversed the classes, we would haven't gotten a 'C', if not lower, and UCF would have received an A+.

What is this, the special olympics? Everybody gets a prize just for showing up?

Stop apologizing for the media.

They blew it, plain and simple. Call it what it is, p**s-poor, biased coverage.

(But it did get the page view counts up, which was the point all along, wasn't it?)

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Why can't we let this whole UCF thing just die.  Why do people constantly bring the Tinmen up for no good reason.  Same people who go out of there way to say we're not rivals.  You know why there isn't alot of Georgia Southern talk on this board??????????????????because we don't bring it up every 5 minutes.

Ban on any UCF talk unless we play them in basketball, baseball or any other sport.  Until then no more Tinmen talk.  Got it?

• Content Count:  684

Why can't we let this whole UCF thing just die.  Why do people constantly bring the Tinmen up for no good reason.  Same people who go out of there way to say we're not rivals.  You know why there isn't alot of Georgia Southern talk on this board??????????????????because we don't bring it up every 5 minutes.

Ban on any UCF talk unless we play them in basketball, baseball or any other sport.  Until then no more Tinmen talk.  Got it?

+1

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,073
  • Days Won:  469

I'd still like to play Georgia Southern.  Sure the coach that beat us is gone.  But still, they need to be flipped.

Now about those tinmen...  :)

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Shock journalism is sweeping the country, folks. Spin, spin away.  ::)

I like the term "Yellow Journalism" which is obviously back from the past... from politics to now sports almost nothing is objective, fair or balanced.

Lastly this article does not surprise me... I bet the suicide hot lines out at UCiF are getting less calls now.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Shock journalism is sweeping the country, folks. Spin, spin away.  ::)

I like the term "Yellow Journalism" which is obviously back from the past... from politics to now sports almost nothing is objective, fair or balanced.

Lastly this article does not surprise me... I bet the suicide hot lines out at UCiF are getting less calls now.

Let's be honest, the majority of UCF fans know the reality of the situation and understand that our class was head and shoulders above theirs ... and most have moved on .... like this thread is moving to the SOF Board.  8)

Archived