• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Preston Parker

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

Well,...He has been in trouble but that doesn't seem to stop CJL when it comes to bringing these guys in. This guy is too good not to get him in here. He would have 2 years to play with us and would be incredible in our system as a wr, rb, returner...a do it all guy.

Would we welcome him?

How realistic is it?

IMO...This could be a huge pick-up.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,654
  • Days Won:  29

???

You don't follow Leavitt that much ... no way he would even be considered by Leavitt.

• Content Count:  1,037

NO. We don't need the bad publicity associated with him coming here. IMO, guys like Lindsey Lamar and Bradley Battles will be just as good. The FSU game may have gotten a bit easier though. I believe he was going to be a senior this year anyway...

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

No way.  Also, I'm pretty sure he's a Junior.  He'll have to sit out a year.  At most we'd get one year out of him, more likely none.  He's headed to an FCS team.

• Content Count:  1,894

Right so this wouldhave been his junior year, so he would have two years left. Junior and senior year?

All im saying is he would be a star here, and if he cleaned up his act he would be perfect here. I understand about his reputation hurting us but strictly talent wise he is too good not to look into.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I remember a certain QB from FSU that had a check problem that wanted to transfer to USF and USF said, thanks, but no thanks.  USF will pass on Preston.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Right so this wouldhave been his junior year, so he would have two years left. Junior and senior year?

All im saying is he would be a star here, and if he cleaned up his act he would be perfect here. I understand about his reputation hurting us but strictly talent wise he is too good not to look into.

He just completed his junior year.  It looks like he was a true Jr, so he could theoretically transfer and then play one more year.  I doubt a program like USF wants to pick up a troubled kid for just one year. 

He is staying at FSU on scholarship. Just not playing football any more:

Parker dismissed from Florida State after latest arrest

Feb. 2, 2009

CBSSports.com wire reports

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Preston Parker's troubled football career at Florida State is over after his second arrest in less than a year.

Coach Bobby Bowden announced the junior receiver was dismissed from the team Monday in a one-sentence statement released by the school. Parker, who met with Bowden before the announcement, will remain in school on scholarship.

The 21-year-old Parker, from Delray Beach, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence after Tallahassee police found him asleep in his running car early Saturday.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/11330509/rss

Archived