• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you could only pick one more...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Hosley, easily. 

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

That would be my pick too.

(A LB would be my 2nd choice after JH... either Barrington or Marry.)

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

That would be my pick too.

(A LB would be my 2nd choice after JH... either Barrington or Marry.)

Barrington is my second. 

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

1. Hosley

2. Webster

3. Marry

4. Barrington

5. Griffin

6. Josh Bellamy

• Content Count:  21

1) Holsey - I'd have to imagine that Coach has done everything short of camping out in the kids front lawn to get him to come to USF. With all the pressure that our DE's are going to put on the QB. Holsey could really make a name for himself here.

2) Webster/Griffen: I'm assuming they are a package deal. Is it possible that all three guys throw on Bulls hats on Wednesday???

3) Barrington - I think that we are third here behind Illinois and Miami. Just internet intuition.

4) Marry - Would love to keep him at home. We would be set at LB for a few years with DeDe and Marry. Concerned about DeDe not making grades so Marry would be an important get.

• Content Count:  1,894

its def. possible. They could solidify this class as one of the countries best. This year meant worlds for the depth of our program. These last three are just as important, I want Webster and Hosley. These guys are a neccessity.

• Content Count:  1,797

1.  Hosley

2.  Griffin

3.  Barrington/Marry

If Webster were a real possibility, I would put him at #3.

Normal

• Content Count:  1,241

1.  Hosley

2.  Griffin

3.  Barrington/Marry

exactly how id do mine... marry is more likely i think

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

1.  Hosley

2.  Griffin

3.  Barrington/Marry

exactly how id do mine... marry is more likely i think

If I was choosing based on who is most likely, my list would look like this:

Hosley

Griffin

Marry

I'd be fine with just getting all three of them to finish the class.

This Miami writer thinks that both Barrington and Webster will choose UM. Interestly, Jamal Reid is now a soft verbal to them I wouldn't mind getting him. He was pretty high on us at one point. I wonder if USF is still trying to get him.

January 29, 2009

Canes taking final swings before Signing Day

THE TARGETS

LB Sam Barrington, 6-2, 220, Jacksonville Parker: Took his final recruiting trip to UM on Jan. 23 and told his coach Jim Scible, whom I spoke to Thursday night, that he really enjoyed his trip. Miami coaches are done with their visits to Barrington and now must wait to see if they've done enough to win him over against Illinois and South Florida. Scible said Illini coach Ron Zook was in Jacksonville yesterday and watched Barrington coach a girls' Powder Puff game at his school. "It's funny the things adult men do to get their players," Scible said. Barrington is expected to announce his decision on Tuesday night during a party at a Jacksonville night club (No, I won't be there). UM's chances: Very good. Before I hung up with Scible, he told me he was going to be expecting a call from me next week. Maybe, he gave it away?

COMMITTED GUYS TO KEEP AN EYE ON

> CB Kayvon Webster, 5-11, 181, Monsignor Pace: If you listened to WQAM on Thursday night you probably think there is no way Webster is going to Miami, especially the way he talked about South Florida and West Virginia (who have continued to recruit him). But when I spoke to Webster over the phone moments later he sounded totally different, like someone who was enjoying getting people nervous. He said he expects to come in and play cornerback at Miami and plans to have a fun weekend with Randy Phillips while other recruits visit the Canes. I expect Webster to choose the Canes when he makes his announcement at Pace at noon on Wednesday.

> CB Jamal Reid, 6-1, 175, Mayo Lafayette: Reid took a midweek trip to Mississippi State to visit with former Gators assistant Dan Mullen. They are definitely trying to sell Reid on the fact he could play both ways, something he could probably pull off there. When I spoke to Reid last week about what he would play at UM he talked about playing anywhere on the field. I know getting a shot at receiver, which he played mostly in high school, intrigues him. Miami coaches might need to promise him that this weekend to avoid a signing day surprise.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/

Archived