• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carlton Williams is Wanted...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Not a big deal. CW did nothing, resisted without force (meaning cussed at a cop), and served 11 months of his 12 on probation without incident. Probably a minor violation, he'll turn himself in, and Brett will continue to bring up everything he has done wrong over the last 23 years.

oh yea no big deal..just cussing at cops...such a nice and respectful kid...I'm a cop so maybe I take offense at that. But also i have NEVER arrested anybody for cussing at me in my 7 years in Law Enforcement. Resisting without Violence(the proper term) has nothing to do with language. Its all actions..from lying about your identity to running from an officer to not obeying a lawful command.

Unfortunately you appear to be in the minority among your fellow law enforcement officers (at least as far as public perception is concerned). 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

Not a big deal. CW did nothing, resisted without force (meaning cussed at a cop), and served 11 months of his 12 on probation without incident. Probably a minor violation, he'll turn himself in, and Brett will continue to bring up everything he has done wrong over the last 23 years.

oh yea no big deal..just cussing at cops...such a nice and respectful kid...I'm a cop so maybe I take offense at that. But also i have NEVER arrested anybody for cussing at me in my 7 years in Law Enforcement. Resisting without Violence(the proper term) has nothing to do with language. Its all actions..from lying about your identity to running from an officer to not obeying a lawful command.

Unfortunately you appear to be in the minority among your fellow law enforcement officers (at least as far as public perception is concerned). 

Not true. You do not get arrested for cussing at a cop, unless your actions are preventing him or her from doing their job. RAWOV is running from the cops, usually lying about your name is written up as False name to LEO, but I have seen it written on the CRA as RAWOV.

• Content Count:  1,985

He doesnt play for us anymore so Im not as worried.

yeah but just because he dosent play for us any more it dosent stop Bretts research of public records to see if he come up with a nugget of information for his "unbiased" stories on former players

ie: Brian Fisher we had ariticle about him for months after he was no longer on the team

It is a story, he is a reporter. And HCSO probably clued him in.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Not true. You do not get arrested for cussing at a cop, unless your actions are preventing him or her from doing their job. RAWOV is running from the cops, usually lying about your name is written up as False name to LEO, but I have seen it written on the CRA as RAWOV.

Tipp- I meant no offense, I have never been arrested or even close, and know several police officers, and have no problems with the law at all.

I also wasn't saying that he was arrested for cussing at a cop, I was saying that he was resisting arrest (implying that he was going to be arrested anyway, but the reason wasn't as bad as resisting?), so I was assuming that he was being disrespectful to the officer. The lying about name thing makes more sense, didn't think about that.

I hate disrespectful people, but my point was, that it really wasn't THAT news worthy. Without some more information, you have to assume that he served 11 of his 12 months of probation without incident. Something happened recently apparently though, but again, without the supporting info, we don't know what it was that happened (I'm not sure how strict probation terms are, but could it be something simple?). Further more, if you feel like it is your obligation to report such a story, is there really any reason to bring up unrelated incidents of when he missed curfew and got suspended by CJL? Maybe it's relevant, but it doesn't seem to be.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,689
  • Days Won:  424

He doesnt play for us anymore so Im not as worried.

yeah but just because he dosent play for us any more it dosent stop Bretts research of public records to see if he come up with a nugget of information for his "unbiased" stories on former players

ie: Brian Fisher we had ariticle about him for months after he was no longer on the team

It is a story,

Why is it a story? How does it affect the football team? How does it affect anything sports related?..... All it really boils down to is people being nosy, like old women gossiping... and the "reporters" know that some, probably more than some in reality, eat that kind of stuff up.... kind of pathetic, actually.

• Content Count:  407

Even if he's not on the team anymore, he's still a Bull!

• Content Count:  1,757

Unless you're black, hispanic, muslim... etc... I have witnessed many of our law enforcement officers abuse their power, from USF campus police, to SP's in the Air Force, to some of St. Pete's finest.  Is it the majority?  Probably not, but it is in the public perception. 

Archived