• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well look who is in the area this morning...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

-Lets hope they don't try to sway any of our commitments.

Pete Carroll, Monte Kiffin visit Armwood

The recruiting blitz in Tampa continued Wednesday at Armwood.

Southern California coach Pete Carroll visited the school, Hawks coach Sean Callahan confirmed in a text message. He also said Tennessee assistant Monte Kiffin (former Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator) visited campus Tuesday.

The Hawks have a ton of Division I recruits, including Petey Smith, who is set to announce his oral commitment Jan. 31 at the Beef O'Brady's in Seffner. Smith is considering Auburn (where his brother Eric plays running back) and Alabama. Could the Trojans or Volunteers now be on the list?

Stay tuned.

-- IZZY GOULD

izzygould@gmail.com

http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/2009/01/pete-carroll-mo.html

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Our only commitment at Armwood is Ryne Giddins.  He had an offer from USC and I think from tennessee.  I assume they'll try to meet with him and see if they can get him to visit or reconsider.  I don't think they'll be successful.

There are 2 other kids who committed to UNC in Mywan Jackson and Angelo Hadley.  They don't seem like USC-level to me, but I could see Tennessee making a run.

• Content Count:  622

Yep.. and as they mention Petey Smith. He seemed like he was set on Auburn but maybe with that mess

Tennessee is trying to get him. The only possible reason Pete Carroll would be there is Ryne Giddins I would think.

Maybe he brought Ryne a Hummer to try and help pull him away from us. And Carroll might also be visiting Alonso while in Tampa as Demonte McCallister was high on USC before committing to FSU.

Anyway, if Carroll tried to make Ryne reconsider I hope Ryne's momma nips it in the butt. She won't be happy - I hope..

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Why wouldn't she be happy about a new job and a $500,000 house ;-)

Nah but i think they will be disappointed if they are there to get a hold of Ryne, word is he's hard to get a hold of.  Also the way he acted on the visit tells me hes all bull and there will be no surprises

• Content Count:  879

Why wouldn't she be happy about a new job and a $500,000 house ;-)

Nah but i think they will be disappointed if they are there to get a hold of Ryne, word is he's hard to get a hold of.  Also the way he acted on the visit tells me hes all bull and there will be no surprises

I'd be happy with a new job and a $500,000 house....but I hope you are right.  It would be catastrophic to lose Ryne.  He seems to really want to be a Bull.

• Content Count:  3,403

They could be there for next year's recruits as well.

• Content Count:  1,260

Never thought I'd see the day where pete carroll flies across the country and meets with one of our commits on his visit. I guess we must be doing something right....  ;)

Archived