• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like Dixon is solid now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Provided you can get past the creepy factor in grown men checking out the myspace pages of hs kids.  I personally can't.

What a stupid thing to say. Why does age have anything to do with this? How can you equate pedophilia with football recruiting? Or is there something else creepy about looking on a publicly accessible Internet page?

I never said anything about pedophilia and certainly did not equate it to football recruiting.  I do not need to get down into the personal lives of any of our recruits or players for informational or other purposes.  Most people do not.  If you do not think that surfing myspace or facebook, or whatever social networking sites exist, for profiles, photographs, information on hs kids, that you do not know or ever met, is odd behavior then I guess we'll disagree.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Provided you can get past the creepy factor in grown men checking out the myspace pages of hs kids.  I personally can't.

What a stupid thing to say. Why does age have anything to do with this? How can you equate pedophilia with football recruiting? Or is there something else creepy about looking on a publicly accessible Internet page?

I thought the same thing but I gave him a pass b/c he probably doesn't have a myspace.  Not having a myspace should not be considered a bad thing.  People choose to spend their time differently... plus I'm sure Sanjay has enough between juggling work, USF recruiting, and most important his 2 young children as is.  He probably doesn't want grown men looking at his kids myspace in the future, lol. 

No I do not have a myspace.  Do have a facebook and it seems like you've already been there.  :P

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I never said anything about pedophilia and certainly did not equate it to football recruiting.  I do not need to get down into the personal lives of any of our recruits or players for informational or other purposes.  Most people do not.  If you do not think that surfing myspace or facebook, or whatever social networking sites exist, for profiles, photographs, information on hs kids, that you do not know or ever met, is odd behavior then I guess we'll disagree.

It's very, very, very simple. This thread already has illustrated how simple it is. A player maintains a publicly accessible Web page (you don't even need your own MySpace page to see them sometimes!). A fan/donor visits this publicly accessible Web page — that the player has chosen to keep public and to post things to, remember — to see how serious this player is about joining said fan/donor’s favorite team. The player has posted it pictures of himself in the gear of said team, and in general appears excited about the future. This is exactly the reason MySpace can be kept public if the user chooses. All of this, you say, is "creepy." Calling it "creepy," I say, is "stupid."

Archived