• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Rankings: PJ 151, RB 184

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

that may be true namuh, but there are strong indicators in practice that can tell whether or not a QB is ready to play in a game. Most notably, in the mental side of the game; he can be the next Michael Vick for all I care, but if he can never get the plays right when they're called in, he'll ride the pine

Um. You mean like Pat Julmiste and Ronnie Banks? (Oh, that's right, they only screw up in GAMES - they are perfect in practice.)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  0

hey, I'm not trying to defend either of them, they both suck. but I do believe that even though Gachette may have better potential, the coaching staff must see something that just doesn't quite click with him yet. Either that or they don't care beacue they realize they have the crappiest QB tandem in the nation already  :-/

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i don't beleive for a second banks and jewelmist have been great in practice last 3 years

leavitt and other offensive coaches should have seen this coming and recruited top juco qbs if needed

both banks and jewelmist look in a funk like they have never played the game.i wouldn't let neither near the game until they get better.

with jewelmist at helm we will not win another game.he can't complete a pass!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365

You play like you practice.  and iwas at their practice yesterday and PJ did the same stuff.  Threw ints against the scout team, rcvrs dropping practice.  was not fun to watch.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Honestly, should people like me try out?  I can throw it at the recievers' feet, too.  It will give julmiste a chance to rest his leg for option plays, which seems to be his only viable call.

Honestly, should people like me try out?  I can throw it at the recievers' feet, too.  It will give julmiste a chance to rest his leg for option plays, which seems to be his only viable call.

Walk-ons don't seem to get the chance to play.  See (Severino, Anthony).

I've heard Severino is actually better in practice than PJ or RB... not sure why HE isn't playing.  He's a walk-on... I can't imagine that CJL is holding back to redshirt him.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365

The coaches went after the best qbs available, however they all went to other schools.  Hopefully this next batch will be better.  However if we keep losing the qbs that we go after, we will be left with what we have, and right now that is not good enough for us to win. sad but don't see anyway around it until we get that top notch recruit.

The coaches went after the best qbs available, however they all went to other schools.  Hopefully this next batch will be better.  However if we keep losing the qbs that we go after, we will be left with what we have, and right now that is not good enough for us to win. sad but don't see anyway around it until we get that top notch recruit.

I agree, Bulldad...

PJ should start for us against UAB.  But if he is really ineffective - then CJL should pull him faster, and try Banks, then Severino... a true freshman could be NO WORSE than 3 for 20, right?

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Leavitt says PJ and Banks are dominating in practice? With his quotes, I now know why our defense is so pourous and giving up mad points.

Like Iverson says, "Practice, I don't need no practice!"

Personally, I just want a QB that will make good decisions on the game field. I threw four touchdown passes in a flag football game the other day. That was my first game at QB since high school. Granted it's flag football, but there is a morale behind the story. Going into that game we were 1-4 and had scored a total of three touchdowns up to that point with three other QB's having a crack at it. I finally got fed up and said I was running QB or I was done. The coach reluctantly agreed and I ended up having a Heisman-que performance.

Someone needs to step up to Leavitt and tell them they will get it done. Practice doesn't mean crap. It's on the game field where people make plays under the lights and spotlight. I always thought I was a horrible practice player... but when you surrounded me with fans and a chance to grab the spotlight, I was money... granted it never materialized like that for me at USF on the football field (never really got on it besides the spring scrimmage). Marquel was a great game player. He wasn't better than Mike Usry in practice... Mike Usry threw bullets... but Quell made things happen.

Someone... anyone...  a DB or WR that was a QB in high school needs to say screw it and demand to run the show. We will be hard pressed to win from here on out with any more performances like Louisville from our QB's.