• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-5 SG Jeremy Adams

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

I know nothing about him other than what I read here, but 44% FG from a 6' 5" high school kid doesn't sound too impressive.  A kid that big should be well over 50% FG in high school IMO.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

If he is a SG jacking up lots of 3's... 44% is pretty good.  I guess we would need more clarification on that... but 81% from FT line would be a welcome relief.  Normally 81% is just above avg... but compared to our team, it is superb.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I know nothing about him other than what I read here, but 44% FG from a 6' 5" high school kid doesn't sound too impressive.  A kid that big should be well over 50% FG in high school IMO.

He plays in Mississippi's 6A classification. Those are very impressive stats considering the competition and his team isn't all that besides him.

Wake Forest is now showing strong interest in Jeremy Adams which should end all doubt about his ability to play at a high level school facing tough competition.

This is not the news you want if you're USF though. We really need a good SG in the 2009 class and Adams maybe our last hope at accomplishing that. Another hidden gem in 6-5 SG Jamal Trice ended up committing to UCONN a few weeks ago.

This proves that stars don't always represent a prospects true abilities. When schools such as UCONN, Marquette, and Wake Forest go hard after prospects with 2, 1, or no stars is proves that the rating system isn't always accurate or the system is flawed in some way. Not all kids get noticed by the big recruiting web sites.

• 1 month later...

Update time:

Jeremy Adams one of the fasting rising seniors in the nation as of last Friday had narrowed his list to Arkansas, South Florida, and Texas A&M. Adams was to visit all 3 schools before making a decision soon. Adams took an official to Arkansas this past weekend to watch Kentucky and Jodie Meeks(45pts) whip the Hogs. Adams did enjoy the visit however as he was very impressed with the crowd(19,000+), the facilities, and he liked the players and coaches :o(I guess he didn't notice all the in fighting and suspensions).

Adams visited TAMU monday to watch them take down their rivals the Texas Longhorns before once again a large crowd and very nice facilities( I think everybody sees where this is going).

Now the visit to USF right? No it won't be a visit apparently as Rivals has Adams narrowing his list to TAMU and Ark. According to Rivals Adams is leaning toward the Aggies at the moment.

What's next? Well we still have Akeem Richmond and Jason Calliste to go after now. I suspect Stan will turn up the heat now that we won't get Adams. Richmond and Calliste are very good they just aren't the big body guard that Adams is and Heath prefers.

Texas A&M :( Unfortunately we saw this coming since monday. Well on to the next target who happens to be a tall guard himself. He is........check the next thread to find out. :D

Archived