• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Point guard Crater will transfer to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

do jo  would be better served not leaving early

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Agreed... as would we if he didn't ;)

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Why did he leave OSU? ..... and with Zeus leaving we need to find another long range threat to replace him.

He got beat out by Jeremie Simmons a guy that should be starting for us at PG right now if his recruitment wasn't butchered by our staff.  Crater said that Coach Matta promised him the starting PG position. Instead Matta went the guy that earned it and so Crater and daddy decided to look elsewhere.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

That is just great news.  A big need as well.  Although I wouldn't count on him playing with DoJo for 2 years.  Hopefully he does but DJ may bounce to the NBA after another year.

You really think he has the kind of talent where the NBA will be begging for him to come out early?

I find that a little hard to believe also ...

Did I say begging?  NO.  But I do believe that he could play in the NBA in a year or two.  I've seen enough NBA games and I know for a fact that he can shoot better than most in the league.  He has his negatives but he can definately shoot the ball even in big games.  That usually gets you in the league.

You know for a fact?  I watch NBA at a nauseum.  DOJO has everything besides being a pure shooter for the NBA.  He might go NBA, but its definitely not a fact or certain. 

I agree with Bruce here... he is good, and I bet he makes it, but he needs to keep developing.

• Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

I would be very impressed if he makes the NBA. If USF gets some wins together it ll help

• Content Count:  573

That is just great news.  A big need as well.  Although I wouldn't count on him playing with DoJo for 2 years.  Hopefully he does but DJ may bounce to the NBA after another year.

You really think he has the kind of talent where the NBA will be begging for him to come out early?

Did I say begging?  NO.  But I do believe that he could play in the NBA in a year or two.  I've seen enough NBA games and I know for a fact that he can shoot better than most in the league.  He has his negatives but he can definately shoot the ball even in big games.  That usually gets you in the league.

You know for a fact?  I watch NBA at a nauseum.  DOJO has everything besides being a pure shooter for the NBA.  He might go NBA, but its definitely not a fact or certain. 

I love how people love to doubt others on this board.  I guess I just have to pull out the facts.

Last year, Do Jo stats were...

00 JONES, Dominique... 31-31 1085 35.0 FG=177-385 FG%=.460 FT=54-153 FT%=.353 123-162 .759 44 99 143 4.6 73 3 86 70 8 47 531 17.1

Per USF...https://admin.xosn.com/pdf7/119286.pdf?KEY=XTLWNAUXAJLDCGU.20081104155903&DB_ACCOUNT_TYPE=AGENT&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7700

In the NBA, that FG% would've ranked him #156.  3PT% would've ranked him #135.  Those rankings are out of the top 416 NBA players and keep in mind that those are for ALL PLAYERS.  The list includes guys that RARELY play.  The top 4 FT% players have made 100% of their 3PT out of just 1 attempt.  So yes, I know this for a FACT.

FG%=http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/FieldGS.jsp?league=00&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All%20Teams

FT%= http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/3PointS.jsp?league=00&conf=OVERALL&qualified=N&position=0&splitType=9splitScope%3DGAME&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All+Teams&pager.offset=0

• Content Count:  573

I agree with you whole heartedly.  I never stated that he should nor would leave early, just that he may.  I do doubt that he would be drafted after next year but its a possibility. 

I love how people love to doubt others on this board.  I guess I just have to pull out the facts.

Last year, Do Jo stats were...

00 JONES, Dominique... 31-31 1085 35.0 FG=177-385 FG%=.460 FT=54-153 FT%=.353 123-162 .759 44 99 143 4.6 73 3 86 70 8 47 531 17.1

Per USF...https://admin.xosn.com/pdf7/119286.pdf?KEY=XTLWNAUXAJLDCGU.20081104155903&DB_ACCOUNT_TYPE=AGENT&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7700

In the NBA, that FG% would've ranked him #156.  3PT% would've ranked him #135.  Those rankings are out of the top 416 NBA players and keep in mind that those are for ALL PLAYERS.  The list includes guys that RARELY play.  The top 4 FT% players have made 100% of their 3PT out of just 1 attempt.  So yes, I know this for a FACT.

FG%=http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/FieldGS.jsp?league=00&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All%20Teams

FT%= http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/3PointS.jsp?league=00&conf=OVERALL&qualified=N&position=0&splitType=9splitScope%3DGAME&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All+Teams&pager.offset=0

But those are DoJo's stats against mostly mid major college defenses... not against NBA level.  It doesn't translate quite like that.

I do agree he is the best 3 pt shooter we have, and he is pretty lethal... but I he wouldn't likely go to the NBA and be in the top 25% of 3 pt shooters.  Not even close.  There are no stats to prove or disprove that.  It is just a player development idea... he needs to improve all aspects of his game, including shooting.  And until he does that, no one is going to give him a chance to shoot in the NBA.

• Content Count:  637

But those are DoJo's stats against mostly mid major college defenses... not against NBA level.  It doesn't translate quite like that.

I do agree he is the best 3 pt shooter we have, and he is pretty lethal... but I he wouldn't likely go to the NBA and be in the top 25% of 3 pt shooters.  Not even close.  There are no stats to prove or disprove that.  It is just a player development idea... he needs to improve all aspects of his game, including shooting.  And until he does that, no one is going to give him a chance to shoot in the NBA.

I agree.

DoJo is a fine player in the Big East and is still an underclassmen that will only get better.

Still, with the increased pressure he's seen this year he's barely shooting over 40%, those are AI type shooting percentages without the rest of AI's abilities.

I think he'll make the NBA as a role player, but he needs to become better in many aspects even to be a decent bench player.

Archived