• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Giddins' likely out of U.S. Army All-American Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

According to Rivals.com, heralded Armwood DE Ryne Giddins sustained a serious foot injury Saturday and has not yet made the trip to San Antonio for the upcoming U.S. Army All-American Bowl (today is arrival day for players).

Armwood coach Sean Callahan, an assistant coach in the prestigious game, said this afternoon he heard from a Rivals.com representative that Giddins has a broken foot. Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Jamie Newberg told the Times it is his understanding that event organizers are still trying to get Giddins to the game; he may, in fact, fly to San Antonio on Jan. 2 -- the day before the game.

Callahan, who already is in Texas, said he has been unable to reach Giddins, the Times' Defensive Player of the Year. Giddins has not yet responded to a text message sent to him by the Times.

Giddins has said for quite some time that he would make his college commitment at the game. The 6-foot-4, 235-pound standout is expected to choose between Florida and USF.

As the Times learns more, we'll keep you posted.

--KEITH NIEBUHR (SP Times)

Lets see how this turns out..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

Hope it's only a serious injury for THIS game and not career . . .

Thanx for the post!

• Content Count:  573

I don't care if he plays...I just want him to declare USF on nat'l tv

• Content Count:  763

Same here. Get on the plane, get well soon and definitely put on the USF hat while burning the UF hat on national TV.

• Content Count:  622

As expected, standout Armwood DE Ryne Giddins, who sustained a serious foot injury Saturday, will not be able to participate in the Jan. 3 U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio. According to Rivals.com, Giddins has been replaced on the roster by Josh Boyd, a defensive tackle from Mississippi.

As the Times reported Sunday, Giddins broke his foot the previous day.

A member of the Rivals.com staff told the Times the event's organizers are still trying to get Giddins to San Antonio on Jan. 2.

All along, Giddins has said he will make his commitment at the game, which is televised on live TV. The heralded four-star recruit is expected to choose between Florida and USF.

--KEITH NIEBUHR

Yeah, I agree with you guys. I have a feeling he will make it out there just to follow through with his announcement.

• Content Count:  637

Same here. Get on the plane, get well soon and definitely put on the USF hat while burning the UF hat on national TV.

Would be a wonderful moment.

I don't expect to get him though.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I don't care if he commits on tv... just commit here!  We need players like this. 

• Content Count:  573

I don't care if he commits on tv... just commit here!  We need players like this. 

IMO you're downplaying the significance of a USF committment on nat'l tv.  Many current and future recruits will be watching the game so having him commit there would be huge.  Don't get me wrong, I won't be disappointed too much if he doesn't commit there as long as he still commits.  However it would still be huge.

Archived