• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Tiger Band?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Did Memphis not bring their band?  All I hear is the HOT and they sound good... nice amplification and mic-ing.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

They're there.  They just showed them on TV.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

HOT was in the south end zone....Memphis band sounded like they were in the north west corner. I couldn't see them from where I was sitting in the 200 level.

HOT blew them outta the water during half time....even though they played the same show for the 3rd straight game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

HOT was in the south end zone....Memphis band sounded like they were in the north west corner. I couldn't see them from where I was sitting in the 200 level.

HOT blew them outta the water during half time....even though they played the same show for the 3rd straight game.

The Tiger band was infact in the northwest corner... and their stands material was fantastic as was their drumline.

What did you expect?? for HOT to learn a 4th show just for one performance?? Not going to happen nor should it be expected... HOT sounded fantastic from 320.

• Content Count:  17

HOT was great during the game, but honestly that halftime show is an embarrassment.  Hopefully they don't bring that into next year

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The Memphis band sounded pretty good, but I have to agree that HOT was better, and I am not saying it just because I am biased.   LOL   (I am, I'll admit it).

HOT was great during the game, but honestly that halftime show is an embarrassment.  Hopefully they don't bring that into next year

??? One of the perks of sitting in the 300's was that I had a great view of the halftime show... that was one of the cleanest shows they've had all season. My guess is they haven't been practicing regularly since the last home game... and they shouldn't have been expected too. The show was run in the last 2 games so judging from past experience I'd guess they probably had one or to practices preceding the game just to get it fresh in everyone's heads.

Memphis' drumline was much better than ours... but that's to be expected because drumlines are built over time... Like the football team, it takes time.

• Content Count:  349

Yeah, Memphis' band was pretty good... but I was amazed that HOT had 24 friggin Souzaphones! ****! That's a lot of tubas!

Anyways... HOT is still building it's traditions just like the football team is... FSU and FAMU have some of the best college marching bands, and a lot of that has to do with the tradition that they've built through the years, and especially the tradition of excellence.

Yeah, Memphis' band was pretty good... but I was amazed that HOT had 24 friggin Souzaphones! ****! That's a lot of tubas!

Anyways... HOT is still building it's traditions just like the football team is... FSU and FAMU have some of the best college marching bands, and a lot of that has to do with the tradition that they've built through the years, and especially the tradition of excellence.

Well said!!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Although HOT is HOT I haven't seen any band to come close to FAMU.  That is what I looked forward to when we played them, more than the actual game.

Archived