• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Tiger Band?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Was I the only one who thought Memphis' band's timing sucked?? How many times were they playing as the teams were setting at the line, and at least once, playing well into the play

HOT did the same... The unwritten rule is that the bands can play until the players come to the line... And when there are 2 bands in the same stadium it's not uncommon for them to play at the same time... Memphis had just as much right to play as HOT did at a neutral field... I know that HOT has specific pieces that are assigned to be played for specific down on both offense and defense as do most bands... I'd assume it was the same for Memphis.

As for playing well into the play, you have to get to a break to "cut" the song or cadence... sometimes the timing doesn't work as well as you'd like. It happens...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully the good 12 or 13 folks who actually watched the game on ESPN2 didn't have to suffer through our halftime show and watch the Peter Griffin and Homer Simpson run around the field.  How bush league.

Archived