• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something Interesting from the Boise Stat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80
  • Days Won:  0

During the game, there was an unsportsmanlike conduct penaly called on number 80 of Boise State (the tight end, I believe).  

Immediately, Dan Hawkins (their head coach) substituted for number 80.  Hawkins then called him over and made it clear, in a very professional manner, that type of play wasn't acceptable.  A couple of plays later, he sent number 80 back in with a lesson learned.

What do you folks think about that?  I could have easily missed it but have you seen us do that?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,482
  • Days Won:  13

During the game, there was an unsportsmanlike conduct penaly called on number 80 of Boise State (the tight end, I believe).  

Immediately, Dan Hawkins (their head coach) substituted for number 80.  Hawkins then called him over and made it clear, in a very professional manner, that type of play wasn't acceptable.  A couple of plays later, he sent number 80 back in with a lesson learned.

What do you folks think about that?  I could have easily missed it but have you seen us do that?

I've said it before -- the best way to instill discipline is to take away the one thing offending players want - playing time.  If a player makes a bonehead play (which didn't really happen during the UofL game), then sit that player down - for a play, a series, a quarter, or the rest of the game.  Then he will think twice about doing something stupid the next time.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

jl doesn't take away playing time for boneheAD MKISTAKES

dan hawkins is a great coach.he is creative and innovative.

his personality is opposite of leavit.hawkins seems to treat players like an equal.he has a unique approach.

he won't be a BSU long