• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yes, we are at our lowest...re-post from 10/23

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

i am all in

for me to have hope for the future JL must fire OC and QB coach as soon as humanly possible

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

uab will be  us soundly

if we win one more game it will be a miracle

our team is bad fellas

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Bump!   Who is with us NOW!!!!  1 DOWN...4 TO GO!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

uab will be(at)  us soundly

if we win one more game it will be a miracle

our team is bad fellas

Ya see-- MIRACLES really do HAPPEN!

Let's win the rest of 'em and make everyone do a double take as we head into the BE.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

After seeing that Tulane beat UAB, I can see that UAB is very beatable... of course, I don't know that we can score 59 points.

I am with you T-man.  USF can win all five games.  For me UAB is the only questionable game.  Pittsburgh is not that good, and neither is Memphis... and we play them both at RayJay.  Cincinnati will be a challenege because it is our only "day" game of the season.

Win four and we are bowl eligible - win five and we are going for certain.

Jim-- I realize this post is somewhat dated BUT I have to disagree that any of the teams remaining on our schedule (and including UAB)  were going to be easy. Then again, nothing doing in life is ever very easy or simple. If we happen to run the table-- I will be AMAZED to say the least. Any of those teams-- even ECU-- can bring it when you least want to have it brought.

But we can do it-- one game at a time guys (to the team). FOCUS!

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

Let's worry about East Carolina. If USF shows up with the same attitude they had for UAB, they will do fine. But the team can't now think that they need only show up to win. Hopefully CJL, staff, and seniors will keep the team focused.

As for bowl eligibility, there is a huge shortage of bowl-eligibles from major conferences. So if USF can get to 6 wins, there's a very good chance we'll go somewhere. 7 would be a lock I think.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Jim-- I realize this post is somewhat dated BUT I have to disagree that any of the teams remaining on our schedule (and including UAB)  were going to be easy. Then again, nothing doing in life is ever very easy or simple. If we happen to run the table-- I will be AMAZED to say the least. Any of those teams-- even ECU-- can bring it when you least want to have it brought.

But we can do it-- one game at a time guys (to the team). FOCUS!

Mike, I agree that "on any given Saturday" holds true.  Especially the way tonight's game is going.

However, I never said they would be "easy."  I said they were "very beatable."  And they are.  I am not expecting USF to run the table, but they can win 3 out of the remaining 4 to go to a bowl.

Let's explore:

ECU - While they will be looking for revenge, they come to RayJay - and USF will have 10 days to prepare for the Pirates.  USM and U of L both throttled ECU -- we may not win 40-10, but we should win this game.  (You could say ECU beat army who beat USF, but we all know that doesn't work).

Cincinnati - This could be a challenge because it is a day game - conditioning could be a factor.  However, it will be a nice autumn afternoon in Ohio (rather than a hot summer afternoon in Alabama).

Memphis - They look good tonight (46 points on U of L!!), except they can't seem to stop Louisville, either.  Carlton ran a TD for 70+ yards - but the Cards longest run against us as only 15 yards. The Tigers offense looks good; of course, so did the UAB offense against TCU. (USF beat UAB who beat Memphis? Nah, doesn't work this way either)

Pittsburgh - They are 5-2, and have played most of their games at home.  They lost to Nebraska at home (before the team gelled), but they also lost on the road at Connecticut.  They also play at Syracuse, Notre Dame, and host West Virginia before playing us.  This game could be like UAB - win and in, lose and out for both teams.

6-5 is not out of the question, and 7-4 is possible.

I know that the players and coaches are only concentrating on ECU, but there is no reason why we can't look ahead.

Optimism, Mike! Optimism!! ;-) ;-) ;-)