• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My favorite series in tonight's game....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

was when there was 33sec left in the half. We were inside the 10 and Grothe lines up and then calls our last time out of the half because he didn't like how the defense looked. They take the time out and come back out and line up in the SAME formation, snap the ball and Grothe throws into double coverage and gets picked.

Why did he take the time out and then run the SAME play??? For the most part the offensive play calling wasn't bad tonight, but it is the last game of the season so I guess we really were waiting to open up the play book on WVU.....lol Grothe cost us the game tonight and I hate to even say that.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

was when there was 33sec left in the half. We were inside the 10 and Grothe lines up and then calls our last time out of the half because he didn't like how the defense looked. They take the time out and come back out and line up in the SAME formation, snap the ball and Grothe throws into double coverage and gets picked.

Why did he take the time out and then run the SAME play??? For the most part the offensive play calling wasn't bad tonight, but it is the last game of the season so I guess we really were waiting to open up the play book on WVU.....lol Grothe cost us the game tonight and I hate to even say that.

How do you know what the call was before the timeout?  Are you psychic?  If you are what are the numbers for the next lottery drawing?

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I'm not sure that constitues a series either.  That was just one play.  The play itself wasn't good, but a mere incomplete pass on that play probably assures us of 3 points.  As long as MG doesn't throw a pick on the next play or Ford doesn't cough it up.  Aside from that, we probably get 3 and the game goes to OT. 

ummmmm, not psychic, but I do know how to look at how 11 players are lined up on the field.... :-\ Ok ok you got me it may not have been "Blue 22" both times, but it was the same "passing" or "QB draw" crap formation that Gregory loves with an empty backfield.

I'm not sure that constitues a series either.  That was just one play.  The play itself wasn't good, but a mere incomplete pass on that play probably assures us of 3 points.  As long as MG doesn't throw a pick on the next play or Ford doesn't cough it up.  Aside from that, we probably get 3 and the game goes to OT. 

Golly, is this the football verbage critique thread or what????  ;)

Ok Joe "My favorite play before the TO and then play after the TO sequence in tonight's game..."

• Content Count:  3,827

The problem with that sequence wasn't the play call, it was the fact that on the previous play, the clock was STOPPED. And then Grothe gets a play call, goes to the line, and calls a timeout...their last of the half.

6 pt swing. Ballgame.

Our season in a nutshell, in those last :40 seconds of the half: Grothe staring down his #1 WR and throwing an INT...bad clock management...incorrect usage of timeouts...defense not making a big stop when it is needed.

Archived