• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Was Your Team Thinking?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

Can anyone in here explain what your team was thinking just before kick-off? Assuming they had heard about the ECU fiasco, why in their right minds would they collectively go to midfield and dance on our team logo?

Reading all the complaining in here about us trying to run up the score, I personally think you should be happy we didn't leave LeFors in all game after that showing so he could put up 60+. Opinions?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

We lost because we were the worst team.  WTF with stomping on the bird.  Maybe it has some sort of phermones on it that attracts opposing teams?

Maybe, I dunno. I was hoping there was some logical explanation of why the Bulls would come in right after ECU and pull a more severe version of the exact stunt that pissed us off then. Is there ANYONE on here who can offer insight?

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  85

I don't really think we care about ECU.   We may not be able to play better than Louisville, but we can trash talk better than any team.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  85

oh yeah.... you won the game.   Get over it.

Hey, it doesn't bother me in the least at this point. I'm just trying to fathom why a 30-point dog would come into a home team's stadium and do anything to rile them up? Was it not enough that we were superior at almost every position? You had to pi$$ our guys off, too?

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I'm with L-Yeah on this one. Stomping on the other team's midfield logo is a bunch of Seminole-Gator douchebaggery, and I don't want my team doing it. Let's hope this is the last time.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I also agree, I don't care if we were favored by 30 points coming into the game, we still shouldnt do it.  You prove yourself on the field.

Also, mentioned in another post, you don't trash talk after plays when you are down by 30 points.  Although I don't think you should ever.  If you tackle a guy, then you are doing your JOB, there is nothing to get excited over.  If you score a touchdown, there is an old saying, "Act like you've been there before.  You walk over and hand the ball to the ref and you run to the sideline, end of play.  

This all goes back the another thread about how undiciplined the team, is and questioning how and when CJL lost control of the team, this is a disturbing trend and needs to be addressed.

There are obviously occassion when celebration and such is acceptable, like when we beat you guys in that great double OT game last year, or this season if your defender (dunno his name) would have come up with that INT to end the Miami game a celebration would have been totally understandable, but I am just getting tired of all of this hotdogging, showboating crap, try stringing 2 wins together and then we'll do a lil celebrating!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I must say all this pre-planned trash, thuggery and hotdogging is getting very old.

I guess I am old school, but you get your college education paid because you are EXPECTED to make tackles, catch passes and win games.  For expected actions, don't taunt other players, mug to the cameras or (worst of all) point to the sky like the man above supported you and not your opponent.

Just head to the sidelines with a smile on your face like you do it all the time.  The fans, media and scouts will take notice.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the image of our team is unacceptable and leavitt has clearly lost control of the team

as sheriff says trash talk if you win but trash talking when you are getting slaughtered is stupid and weak

get that skinny safety#12 off the field.he is a joke