• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gary Shelton Sums Up My Feelings About the 2008 Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Wow you're a dork.  I stopped reading after I read that you looked up the date I registered to this site to see if I really attended USF in 1997. What does one have to do with another? 

BUt youre right anyone who thinks Leavitt is at best an average BCS conference coach must not know anything about usf or what they are talking about.  ::)

Not much to do out there in Nebraska huh? 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and Gary arent you the guy who called up the talk show to talk USF sports and made a complete embarassment of yourself and USF as a whole?  Then when people made fun of you, you disappeared from this site for a while?  I think I remember reading about that here.  Wow, again get a life.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

This was a great article. CJL answered the questions perfectly IMO, He recognized that they should of found a way to win regardless of injuries. They acknowledged the coaching needs to be better, and this is my favorite question and answer I have heard from him. He deserves to stay, he needs to put the right people around him, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

...  I've never seen a year where I thought USF's offense looked better than average/mediocre, EVER.  I have never seen Jim Leavitt steal a great recruit from anyone good.  ... 

Really ? You have missed alot.

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

GarySJ: I doubt you care, but I love you man. That was awesome.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Oh and Gary arent you the guy who called up the talk show to talk USF sports and made a complete embarassment of yourself and USF as a whole?  Then when people made fun of you, you disappeared from this site for a while?  I think I remember reading about that here.  Wow, again get a life.

You know, I am old and the memory isn't as good as it used to be and my wife lets me know that I am not right very often but dang dude - you really don't have a clue.

You are wrong on this one also.  Wrong guy.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Wow you're a dork.  I stopped reading after I read that you looked up the date I registered to this site to see if I really attended USF in 1997. What does one have to do with another? 

BUt youre right anyone who thinks Leavitt is at best an average BCS conference coach must not know anything about usf or what they are talking about.   ::)

Not much to do out there in Nebraska huh? 

Not to defend Gary SJ, but more in line with CJL  He has accomplished what no other coach has.  To get a team from inception to 1A, to BCS conference in less than 12 years, and then into Top 25 (albeit short lived) with all but two winning seasons, and 4 consecutive post-season bowl games.  Never, ever, ever been done.  

Couple that with building a program where recruits are not necessarilly flocking to (they rather go to an unranked FSU, or Notre Dame or Miami, because these schools were good at one time before USF's program even existed).  He has cobbled together a team each year of players most did not want.  And if all of our players were below average, why have we had guys playing on SUnday's in the NFL.  Surely no one would pay a player who wasn't a performer.  Look at Jenkins, Mitchell, Henry to name a few.  Selvie will be first round.  Allen may go.  Grothe may be NFL after next year.

Bottom line, not to paraphrase Gary SJ, but your post was more from the gut and not well thought out.  Quite anecdotal, at best..  

Choose to be disapointed in USF football if you want, but realize that we have done well and CJL has outperformed any coach in building a program in NCAA history....  

You say you have been involved since 97, many of us were there way before then helping to build the program......  

Absolutely I speak from my gut.  I dont have time to look at stats and correct my typos, i didnt know this was english class. I just know this year and last year we have been grossly overrated, our fans got arrogant and idiotic, only for our beloved Bulls to kick us in the nuts.  I take offense to it.  But I should have known better to voice my opinion on a coach, whose team almost lost to FIU and UCF, did lose more than half their conference games, in a circle jerk community which happens to be a sea full or vigins.  Man I wish USF was in a real city, fans would be ******** on this team and not have to worry about the green and gold goggle police. 

But I want to join the circle jerk, funny someone wants to think our offense has ever been good consistently, my next post will be like this:

"Golly gee willickers, Bulls fans.  We’re the bestest rootin’ tootin’ football team in the whole wide world!  Jim Leavitt is a super-duper coach, and a handsome devil too!  Matt Grothe is such a fantastic QB that he will be drafted in the first round next year.  We’ve had a great-diddly-ate season this year!  I love the Bulls...we’re the best, and anyone who thinks we’re even #2 must be a piece of garbage UCF alumnus."

sometimes you need to pick your battles and I should have known not to with a dude with thousands of posts rotting away in the flyover state of Nebraska. 

please correct my typos for my English teache wants to look at this later.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

But I want to join the circle jerk, funny someone wants to think our offense has ever been good consistently, my next post will be like this:

"Golly gee willickers, Bulls fans.  We’re the bestest rootin’ tootin’ football team in the whole wide world!  Jim Leavitt is a super-duper coach, and a handsome devil too!  Matt Grothe is such a fantastic QB that he will be drafted in the first round next year.  We’ve had a great-diddly-ate season this year!  I love the Bulls...we’re the best, and anyone who thinks we’re even #2 must be a piece of garbage UCF alumnus."

Much better.  You can stay, now....

Archived