• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Very classy move by your AD & Leavitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

And if it snows maybe pat won't be able to see where the receivers are. 

Pat cant throw the ball anyways.

Pat's not going to be confused with Peyton Manning anytime soon, but he's gotten better over the years.

He would have been interesting to see what he could have done with a decent receiving corps. He's never had a decent receiver other than Darius Reynaud, who was basically a running back disguised as a slot receiver and did little more than catch bubble screens.

he is a serviceable qb in a gimmick system and if west virginia played in a real conference and play a tough OOC pat white's numbers wouldnt be so hot

he wouldnt be confused with joe manning

He looked very good in two BCS games against Oklahoma and Georgia from 2 so-called big boy conferences.  Pat White deserves to be recognized as a great college QB.  And by the way,  who is Joe Manning?

• Content Count:  3,403

smazza, UCLA already said they would also use a timeout at the beginning of the game to even it out. 

Isn't there a USC message board you can go to?

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

http://www.wvgazette.com/Sports/WVU/200812020735

Since the other thread on this turned into a smack-fest, I thought I'd start a new one. Just wanted to say thanks to your program for letting us wear white on Saturday to honor Pat. Very cool move by your AD and Leavitt. They didn't have to do that, so major props to them.

I don't normally like these kind of gimmicky "whiteouts" or "gold rushes" or whatever... but in this case it's not really about the game. It's about honoring Pat. Win or lose on Saturday, he will always be remembered by WVU fans for being the best QB in school history and leading us during a golden era of WVU sports.

Anyway, good luck on Saturday. Maybe we'll finally figure out a way to beat you guys.

I think it’s a win/win as most of our fans/players like the green on green uniforms. 

• Content Count:  1,037

I think the green uni's help keep our players warmer. :)

• Content Count:  4,738

I think the green uni's help keep our players warmer. :)

we look better and play better in all green

• Content Count:  4,501

http://www.wvgazette.com/Sports/WVU/200812020735

Since the other thread on this turned into a smack-fest, I thought I'd start a new one. Just wanted to say thanks to your program for letting us wear white on Saturday to honor Pat. Very cool move by your AD and Leavitt. They didn't have to do that, so major props to them.

I don't normally like these kind of gimmicky "whiteouts" or "gold rushes" or whatever... but in this case it's not really about the game. It's about honoring Pat. Win or lose on Saturday, he will always be remembered by WVU fans for being the best QB in school history and leading us during a golden era of WVU sports.

Anyway, good luck on Saturday. Maybe we'll finally figure out a way to beat you guys.

we consented to thAT??

IT MUST NOT BE A  a big rivalry in leavitt's head

they asked him ?

And if it snows maybe pat won't be able to see where the receivers are. 

Pat cant throw the ball anyways.

Pat's not going to be confused with Peyton Manning anytime soon, but he's gotten better over the years.

He would have been interesting to see what he could have done with a decent receiving corps. He's never had a decent receiver other than Darius Reynaud, who was basically a running back disguised as a slot receiver and did little more than catch bubble screens.

he is a serviceable qb in a gimmick system and if west virginia played in a real conference and play a tough OOC pat white's numbers wouldnt be so hot

he wouldnt be confused with joe manning

Like the PAC-10  could'nt even beat Mountain West

Pretty sad.

THIS IS WHAT A CONFIDENT TEAM DOES

USC willing to give up timeout to wear red at UCLA

ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 2, 2008, 7:57 PM ET

Comment

Email

Print

USC Ready To Renew Rivalry With UCLAUSC coach Pete Carroll says the NCAA can have a timeout from Saturday's crosstown rivalry game with UCLA. He just wants his players to wear their home colors.

Carroll said on Monday that the Trojans would wear their cardinal red home jerseys on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. That violates an NCAA rule that requires visiting teams to wear white, and the infraction will cost a timeout.

The Pac-10's interpretation of the team wearing the wrong colored jersey is that they are penalized a timeout at the start of the game. UCLA is taking USC's side in the dispute. The Bruins plan to call their own timeout immediately after USC is assessed that penalty at the start of the game to even it out. Both Carroll and UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel had talked about restoring tradition back at the Pac-10 media day in July.

The last time the Trojans and the Bruins both wore home jerseys -- the Trojans in red, the Bruins in blue and gold -- was in 1982, when the schools shared the Los Angeles Coliseum.

"I just thought it was a really cool tradition," Carroll said.

Pac-10 blog

ESPN.com's Ted Miller writes about all things Pac-10 in his conference blog.

• Blog network

As for losing a timeout? "I don't care about it right now," Carroll said. "I think it's the fun thing to do, and I think the fans will appreciate it over time."

Carroll said the decision to wear home jerseys is not meant as a sign of disrespect to UCLA, adding that he discussed restoring the tradition with former UCLA coach Karl Dorrell and with Neuheisel, the current coach.

"It's exciting," Neuheisel said. "I think wearing the home jerseys is a great tradition."

In the meantime, the Pac-10 has forwarded a request to NCAA football rules committee secretary Rogers Redding, seeking to change the rule. Pac-10 commissioner Tom Hansen said he expected a decision by Tuesday.

real confident against oregon and stanford last year  weren't they?

Archived