• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

a warning for those around USF

JerseyBull06

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

there are now traffic cameras at the light at 56th and Fowler if you were not already aware

I just got a $100 ticket in the mail for a failure to come to a complete stop before making a right hand turn at this light. I was turning right onto Fowler from 56th, the light turned red right as I got to it and I didn't come to a stop before making the right turn...result was a ticket in the mail a week later

that was about half of my christmas budget so if you normally get gifts from me that might not be happening this year  :P

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

there are now traffic cameras at the light at 56th and Fowler if you were not already aware

I just got a $100 ticket in the mail for a failure to come to a complete stop before making a right hand turn at this light. I was turning right onto Fowler from 56th, the light turned red right as I got to it and I didn't come to a stop before making the right turn...result was a ticket in the mail a week later

that was about half of my christmas budget so if you normally get gifts from me that might not be happening this year  :P

Yup i got one for the same thing but it was turning onto 56th from bullard.  I love the way temple terrace found a work around to use the cameras since using cameras to enforce traffic law in FL is illegal.  Temple terrace is on pace to make over 2 mill from their new cash cow. 

Red light cameras far from perfect

More than 7,000 drivers were cited for running red lights in Temple Terrace since the city installed new cameras in mid-October, but a third of the tickets were tossed by the city, tampabays10.com reports.

Tammy Jackson has gotten three citations for running a red light at Bullard Parkway and 56th Street and is irate because she says she stopped at the light before making a turn. Her ticket shows her brake lights on before she went through the intersection, but a video shows she didn't come to a complete stop.

The new cameras are just a way for the city to generate revenue, Jackson contends.The city gets 60 percent of the money from citations, while the company that owns the cameras gets the rest. The city says it's about safety, not money.

Since the cameras were installed October 16th, the city has sent out 4,787 citations at $100 each. At the current rate, the city would make $2.4 million dollars in the first year of operation.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingnews/2008/12/red-light-camer.html

So when something is illegal just find a work around and charge them with violating a city ordinance so you can make boat loads of cash for your city/municipality. 

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

wow, thats bs.  Thats like them cheating.  Big brother is watching

good looking out on the heads up. 

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Send in the check with a big F.U in the memo  ;)

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

They need these cameras in the area north of the University Mall to help curb druggies, prostitution, auto theft, and violent criminals... see this is what I complain about all the time and why I want to become a cop. Hopefully I can get high enough into an agency to at least change one of them around...

Most agencies care only about dishing out B.S. traffic tickets to people rushing to and from work / school and they really could care less about doing their job which is to preserve and protect.

>:(

• Content Count:  6,502

Anyone know, if any, how many traffic accidents has occurred at that intersection?  The number of accidents that have resulted in death??

If the number is extremely low or non existent then you could have a good gripe...however if the traffic camera results in no more or fewer accidents and/or deaths...oh wellllll, pay the fine and enjoy your life.

Anyone know, if any, how many traffic accidents has occurred at that intersection?   The number of accidents that have resulted in death??

If the number is extremely low or non existent then you could have a good gripe...however if the traffic camera results in no more or fewer accidents and/or deaths...oh wellllll, pay the fine and enjoy your life.

Cameras don't prevent people from running red lights they just punish people a few weeks after they are caught.  If a car runs through a red light and hits another car there is nothing a camera can do to prevent it.  Also what do you think is going to happen the next time someone who got a ticket is close to a light and it turns yellow?  Well if they don't just have $100.00 that they can throw at a ticket they are going to slam on their breaks and hope the driver behind them is paying attention and doesn't plow into the back of them.  Also if driver safety was a big issue don't you think the city would post tons of signs to get the fact that there are cameras at the intersections to alert drivers and maybe curb dangerous behavior?  Waldo one of the biggest speed traps in the nation has huge billboards warning of their strict speed limit enforcement on all major roads into and through Waldo.  Why not issue a warning for the first violation seeing as many police officers due with minor traffic offenses?  Because you don't get 60% of a ticket from doing either of those things that's why.  Free cameras and a nice bump in income to the city of temple terrace is what this is about not enforcing the law (since its illegal to do in this fashion in FL) or making the roads safer. Also you cannot lose your license no matter how many redlights you run or rolling stops you make on a right turn on red.  If this was truly about driver safety repeat offenders would lose their driving privileges due to points on their license but since this isn't about the law that can't happen.   

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Wow...that sucks.

Sorry, Jersey.  =/

• Content Count:  760

Take a picture of a hundred dollar bill and send it to them  :D

I think im gunna do this:

spider2co3.jpg

Archived