• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AP/Coaches Poll... huh?

USFan

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Just proves what a pile of toro-poo these rankings really are.  I'll take computer rankings with their formula bias over 50-60 coaches or sportswriters with mutiple axes to grind, scores to settle and general stupidity!

This is the point.  A full view of the poll shows some things out of whack.  Not necessarily saying the Bulls should get anything, just that the rankings indicate someone is not paying attention, or chooses to vote a certain way regardless of what happened on the field.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Doesn't the A/P show how writers voted ?  You could at least see who got off the bandwagon.  The coaches poll has always been suspect.  I would tend to think they may have gotten off the Bulls and other teams to help their own conference.  I mean the Big-12 has a national championship game riding on it.  With a 3 way tie every vote counts and if you could help your team you probably would.

Archived