• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Future

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

next year is going to be painful with the loss of so many starters

Hasn't this year been painful enough? I don't see how much worse it can get next year. The big east isn't even that good, and our OOC games are easy.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I would add Cedric Hill to the bolds. He will be a big loss, and in my opinion is a very solid TE both in the passing game, and blocking. Hopefully Pupello will step up into that role, but he doesn't strike me as being as athletic as Hill.

I don't think next season will be bad at all though, if we can fill the holes at the OL, we should be better on defense (assuming Selvie stays). T-Mac will be hard to replace, but our LBs have generally been solid since day one, I trust that Wally is ready to keep them strong. Hopefully with more experience in the secondary, we will go back to a 4-3 as well.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I would add Cedric Hill to the bolds. He will be a big loss, and in my opinion is a very solid TE both in the passing game, and blocking. Hopefully Pupello will step up into that role, but he doesn't strike me as being as athletic as Hill.

I don't think next season will be bad at all though, if we can fill the holes at the OL, we should be better on defense (assuming Selvie stays). T-Mac will be hard to replace, but our LBs have generally been solid since day one, I trust that Wally is ready to keep them strong. Hopefully with more experience in the secondary, we will go back to a 4-3 as well.

• Content Count:  407
  • Days Won:  0

Redshirt Freshman aren't superstars. You can't always rely on them to come in and play like the senior that left last season.

• Content Count:  1,037

Redshirt Freshman aren't superstars. You can't always rely on them to come in and play like the senior that left last season.

• Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

The future is not bleak. We have alot of young talent that is being redshirted. I know many of you think freshmen can come in and play right away but that is the exception not the rule and players grow a lot physically and mentally in one year of college. We will be just fine next year. No we wont be picked to win the Big East, but who cares is not wether you get picked but where you end up.

USF will finish in the top four of BE next year and will have a shot to win it if the ball bounces the right way, recruits pan out and coaching staff improves.

• Content Count:  1,037

The future is not bleak. We have alot of young talent that is being redshirted. I know many of you think freshmen can come in and play right away but that is the exception not the rule and players grow a lot physically and mentally in one year of college. We will be just fine next year. No we wont be picked to win the Big East, but who cares is not wether you get picked but where you end up.

USF will finish in the top four of BE next year and will have a shot to win it if the ball bounces the right way, recruits pan out and coaching staff improves.

Archived