• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Canales moving up or out?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  637
  • Days Won:  0

^ Yes, it's Grothe's fault our receivers drop passes that hit them in the chest and blow their routes. LMFAO, some people are just  tools.

Grothe, and the entire team, has been a mess lately but earlier in the season the receivers still weren't doing their part was far as dropped passes and YAC were concerned. I don't know if it's Canales' fault, if they're just not that great, or if some poor coaching is trickling down, but it's pretty retarded to blame Grothe for their early problems which are only compounded by his poorer play now.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I remember when Mike Canales was just as big a punching bag at this forum as Greg Gregory is now. And Rod Smith, come to think of it.

all the coaches need to go

usf needs to bring in someone new and clean  house

every aspect of usf sucks right now

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

^ Yes, it's Grothe's fault our receivers drop passes that hit them in the chest and blow their routes. LMFAO, some people are just  tools.

Grothe, and the entire team, has been a mess lately but earlier in the season the receivers still weren't doing their part was far as dropped passes and YAC were concerned. I don't know if it's Canales' fault, if they're just not that great, or if some poor coaching is trickling down, but it's pretty retarded to blame Grothe for their early problems which are only compounded by his poorer play now.

grothe doesnt seem to lead receivers very well and most routes call for receiver to turn around catch the ball and fall down

grothe doesnt seem to lead receivers very well and most routes call for receiver to turn around catch the ball and fall down

That's a poor statement, he does not do that on "most routes" let's not entirely be irrational in our Grothe hate.

Grothe has his problems, if the receivers were better -- for whatever reason (talent, coaching, iq, etc) -- we wouldn't be talking about blaming Grothe for their problems. Obviously Grothe is not perfect and has some major issues but even McCoy and Teblow would have problems here with these receivers and/or the problems they have (whether it be talent, coaching, football iq, etc).

• Content Count:  971

If Canales went to Utah State, I wonder if he would consider having Gregory as his OC?  Would he want to hire any of our other assistants?  Maybe we can negotiate a package deal.  ;D

• Content Count:  1,894

lol I watched the replay of the game, the announcers even said Hester would have had even more yards if grothe would of not made him work so hard to catch the ball, I said this befoe I even watchedi n on video, our recievers work so hard to catch his balls minus his deep balls or broken plays when they are wide open. He throws into heavy traffic, behind, too high, too low, and we expect them to catch everything. There is a reason why most of our passes the reciever ends up diving or immediately falling down.

• Content Count:  5,245
  • Days Won:  2

spoken like someone who clearly doesn't know the mechanics of football.

i never placed the blame of the entire team on Grothe's shoulders... BUT the QB is the field general, and every play in our playbook he touches the ball.

BullsOnThaRize summed it up perfectly:

He throws into heavy traffic, behind, too high, too low, and we expect them to catch everything. There is a reason why most of our passes the reciever ends up diving or immediately falling down.

Grothe absolutely makes plays.  but for every big, amazing play, there is a mediocre play that could be better, or a bad play as a result of the flaws listed above.

there is a reason our offense has declined since the coaching staff has attempted to keep Grothe in the pocket:  he simply isn't an outstanding passer.

there is a reason our offense has declined since the coaching staff has attempted to keep Grothe in the pocket:  he simply isn't an outstanding passer.

Nice observation there.

That'd be like restricting Shaq to shooting 3 pointers and then calling him a bad player because he didn't excel at it.

Grothe is not a great pocket passer, it's not his fault that the coaches are inept and forcing him to stay in the pocket too much.

Nice post genius of "football mechanics" but I'll trust even a ****** perceived Leavitt over your football knowledge ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Smart guy.

• Content Count:  1,894

We wouldnt of won half of these games if it werent for broken down plays where grothe scrambled or threw to a wide open reciever on a broken play, against good teams if grothe sits in the pocket we are asking to lose.

Archived