• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can We go after Bowden

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

great post, I agree. I doubt he can take us to the next level when he chose his coaching staff as we currently have it set. It sends a message, assistant coaches dont make a big enough difference here at usf, and they make all the difference at other schools. Mccarney is prime example.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241

You dont understand tommy bowden. This guys is a rat at the Rich Rodriguez/ Bobby Petrino level

• Content Count:  5,241

Theyll leave you high and dry after 1 good year and you are back where you started. Plus, Bowden recruited all the people he could at clemson, but they ended up having a worse year than us!

Im not looking for a coach who's just looking for a promotion.

We need a good coach who isnt gonna go anywhere.

My personal opinion, if he wants to coach (this is quite a stretch, I know), Bill Cowher.

• Content Count:  1,894

not Tommy, Terry...Terry is the better coach., but High and dry?, not so dry...one recruiting class could set us up...just look at miami.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

anyone who says this is a dumb post doesnt understand recruiting or his history.

You are aware that Bobby beats out his kids in almost every recruiting battle they have? 

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

lol, I wouldnt say that.

Bowden compiled a 111-53-2 record with head coaching stints at Auburn University, Samford University, and Salem College.

20-1 at his first two seasons at Auburn.

His resume is pretty impressive. I dont think it compares at all.

yeah thats more impressive than melrose i guess

but he has been away from the game for a long time. the same problem melrose had

• Content Count:  667

not Tommy, Terry...Terry is the better coach., but High and dry?, not so dry...one recruiting class could set us up...just look at miami.

terry would be a great option.  he did a great job at auburn and left due to a lot of politics.  he was a great recruiter too, and coached jimbo fisher and patrick nix-- so he definitely knows his offense.  but i think he's pretty happy doing what he's doing.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I mean we would get recruits with the last name alone. We can go after Terry Bowden too. He is qualified. Hasnt coached inawhile. It will open up games for all Florida Teams. Cjl has taken us as far as he can honestly. Think about it. He built us up. What more can he do? Lets go after a Bowden. They would take it to the next level.

he is better than leavitt

Archived