• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did Kaz make his only appearance in Game 1?

Sunil

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

I know Kaz looked good in Game 1...but he has been up and down the last few months. I'm not a real baseball guy so I though I'd ask some of the rest of you about strategy. Keep in mind that there is already buzz about Philly starting Hamels sooner than expected.

Given how Garza, Sonnastine, and Shields have been pitching..do you tighten up the rotation from here on out..or are you comfortable going back to Scott Kazmir in Game 5? If there is a rain delay does it change your opinion? Do you damage his psyche for next year if you say he's done for the Series?

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

You definitely go back to Kaz.  First of all, he pitched a pretty good game. He made a mistake to Utley who is a great hitter in the first inning and that is all he really gave up.  The Other Philly run can on back to back bloop hits and then 2 ground outs.  He was fine. He was lights out in Game 5 of the ALCS too.  So far in the playoffs he has only had 1 bad outing. That was game 2 of the ALCS which the Rays won anyway.

Plus based on the rest schedule, you have to use him. The onlyl other option would be to start Edwin Jackson or David Price and skip him and there is no way they do that. 

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Kaz will pitch game 5.  That way you have Shields and Garza at home if need be.

Archived