• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where are the Frat parties this week?

Guest R. Zook

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  0

He is denying his part in the story but who know and really who cares, as long as it is not our coach and players in trouble.  Maybe if Zook spent more time scheming the defense and less time on gang baning maybe they could have finished games

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

After the Frat boys got upset at the FB players and threatened them the FB players went back to the players dorm and got the posse including Zook.  Zook then told the frat boys not to mess with the FB players.

That isn't correct, there was going to be a second altercation, and Zook was called to the scene by the AD's office to get the football players out of it.  He allegedly made inappropriate comments at that time to students that have since been cited for attacking the players initially.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127

Thanks for the correction, I was just summarizing what was talked about on the local sports radio station.  But either way who cares, it is UF's problem.  Mr. Spurier will be back soon, Zook is just giving the AD more reason to fire him!!!  Unless we get Spurier first, alot of baggage but if the UF job is not available he will want to go to a BCS conference in Florida.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Sounds like Ron Zook is a frat boy in coaches clothing.  I've never cared for the glorified street gangs that we call fraternities.  I am so glad they now have their own slum to live in at USF, because living with frat boys during my dorm days was hell.  What a bunch of jerks to be around if you aren't part of their stupid little gang. >:(

Clueless.  I've been out of school for almost 10 years now, and my fraternity brothers are some of my closest friends.  I also have plenty of friends from USF that were not greeks.  Absolutely stupid remark, calling fraternities gangs.  Greeks participate in more philanthropic activities than any other organization at USF.

Greek and proud of it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

Clueless.  I've been out of school for almost 10 years now, and my fraternity brothers are some of my closest friends.  I also have plenty of friends from USF that were not greeks.  Absolutely stupid remark, calling fraternities gangs.  Greeks participate in more philanthropic activities than any other organization at USF.

Greek and proud of it.

Amen, BullGrad!

Fraternities are not for everyone, but they provide a fuller college experience, give you the chance to develop leadership skills, and provide you a national network for when you graduate.

Now, there are bad apples in fraternities - just like in anything else.  Too often, those bad apples gloss over the good things fraternities do.  I know my fraternity raises thousands of dollars for charity each year - and the other organizations do the same thing.  Hard to say that's a bad thing.

Proud to be Greek!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

LOB99 probably was rejected by a fraternity and now holds every greek responsible for his failure ;)

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

gangs/frats  interesting comparison

frats/sororities seem to be  a bit discriminatory for my taste

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

I dont think he is wrong to be honest.

Glad to see I am not alone, my best year living on campus was the year I didn't have to share my living area with someone living in a frat or pledging a frat.  When ever I was around those guys I was made to feel unwelcome, even in my own dorm room, because I wasn't a member of their gang.  If I am elected USF President I will crush the Greek Menace!