• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Couple of basketball questions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

Man oklahoma state must have really low academic standards if he left here for there.

In case you also weren't aware, McMillan a recent signee also had problems making the grade so to speak.

We also had some promising players, like Holmes and Chin transfer out.

I'm giving some faith to Stan, but we could feasibly go winless in conference play if Gus doesn't get his waiver.

I dunno man. Jones is special, and maybe Mercer and Gus can get in and help us out. I guess im a glass half full kinda guy. I cant wait until we are good in basketball.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

We have a very good core of players... but we are missing a key element ... good big man.

Gilchris is that guy, if he gets his waiver... but we have zero depth after him.

Ajayi is turning into a decent PF, but I he isn't in Gilchrist's zip code. 

Espinosa is a beast at PF... he is probably my favorite new signee (not that we have that many coming in anymore.)  He can make an impact, but we need Gilchrist out there or we are toast.

It was tough enough to win with an all conference center - Gransberry.  We are in better shape in the guard position that last year, but without Gilchrist, we are going to be bullied and be shooting 3's all day.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I'm pretty sure Holmes transferred out of here during the massive month of transfers. He did appear to be a promising player, but meh.

I think Mercer is eligible to start playing in the spring semester.

holmes sucked

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

We have a very good core of players... but we are missing a key element ... good big man.

Gilchris is that guy, if he gets his waiver... but we have zero depth after him.

Ajayi is turning into a decent PF, but I he isn't in Gilchrist's zip code. 

Espinosa is a beast at PF... he is probably my favorite new signee (not that we have that many coming in anymore.)  He can make an impact, but we need Gilchrist out there or we are toast.

It was tough enough to win with an all conference center - Gransberry.  We are in better shape in the guard position that last year, but without Gilchrist, we are going to be bullied and be shooting 3's all day.

First off let me say this, we as fans need to be patience a little bit longer. Those expecting great things this season likely will be disappointed. We are in a transition period with our team, breaking in a new players, and have the toughest schedule in school history. Coach Heath has said all along that his program should show the turn around in 3 years, not 2 folks. There is a reason why I am so interested in how recruiting is going, because these guys we get now will be a big key to helping us become a solid BE team.

Don't sell Ajayi short my friend. While he is not a great offensive player, he is a great defensive post man. While Gransberry might have scored 18 or 20 points he would easily give that up and much more at times. Actually having Sanchez heathy is just as big as having Gilchrist eligible this year. For some reason Sanchez has been slow to recover from his stress facture which has set him and us back this upcoming season. Rivas is suppose to be a great athlete that can really defend. If he is as good as Ajayi then we will be find going forward. BTW Gilchrist and Espinosa are good defenders as well as great rebounders.

You pointed out here as well as the recruiting thread that we are going to be a guard oriented team and really up the tempo. I have read some previews of the upcoming season and even though we are picked last each time we are praised for having a great backcourt with Jones, Mercer, and Verdejo. When on there will not be a better and more feared backcourt in the BE the next couple of years then Jones and Mercer. I am convinced that we will rarely if ever be able to match most BE teams when it comes to frontcourt talent, however I do think we will be able to more than hold our own with backcourt players. I will say this if Coach Heath can land the two wing players I list over in the recruiting tread then starting next season we will be by far and away the best outside shooting team in the conference.

Archived