• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Arrest at Bulls games Skyrocket

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Wow.  Too much to comment on in this thread.

The new rules obviously don't work!  No, this does not prove the new rules are not working.  They obviously increased security and cracked down on behavior while simultaneously instituting the new rules.  In any event, you cannot measure this by one game.  It will take a few game for drunk knuckleheads to figure out what will no longer be tolerated.

Arrested for being drunk?  Um, yes.  Public intoxication is a crime.  Has been for years.  Being at a football is not an exception to the rule.  Nor is being at a bar.  There is a difference between drinking and being drunk.  I see by this thread the #1 problem may be not understanding this.

Ok fine so it's a law.  super!  and? for the last 11 years of USF football before this year it has never been enforced, but now during our 12th year of existence the ***** cops and ******b*g TSA think they can start going all willy nilly and enforcing whatever ******* laws they want to make themselves look better. 

IMO if these rules stay in place, the tailgating scene will change, especially for us in the mall lot who have been faithful hardcore tailgaters there for the past 7-10 years. 

Bulls Tailgating:  I'm the guy with the group right across from yall with the huge USF tat on my arm and the big group of guys who are always out there with yall 8-10 hours ahead of time, so trust me I know your pain and frustration as well.

I also love the quote in the paper from the university:  "it's not really the students, mostly casual fans and recent alumni who are getting the arrests".  I don't know the exact quote so if someone has it and can post it, please do!

Geez, I hate it when police enforce the laws. 

So, after you get so drunk that you can't see straight, are you cordial to opposing fans and fans sitting around you?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  384
  • Days Won:  0

Has anyone gotten a deff answer on the External speaker rule??  I called USF, and the TSA neither could give me a answer.  The lady i spoke with at the TSA Barbra Casey, there Spokeswoman told me last Friday she was not aware of that Rule.  The cops that came by our Tailgate and shut our DJ down said it was a rule by the TSA.  Seems like something Fishy goin on ???

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

The new rules obviously don't work!  No, this does not prove the new rules are not working.  They obviously increased security and cracked down on behavior while simultaneously instituting the new rules.  In any event, you cannot measure this by one game.  It will take a few game for drunk knuckleheads to figure out what will no longer be tolerated.

Arrested for being drunk?  Um, yes.  Public intoxication is a crime.  Has been for years.  Being at a football is not an exception to the rule.  Nor is being at a bar.  There is a difference between drinking and being drunk.  I see by this thread the #1 problem may be not understanding this.

Ok fine so it's a law.  super!  and? for the last 11 years of USF football before this year it has never been enforced, but now during our 12th year of existence the ***** cops and ******b*g TSA think they can start going all willy nilly and enforcing whatever ******* laws they want to make themselves look better. 

IMO if these rules stay in place, the tailgating scene will change, especially for us in the mall lot who have been faithful hardcore tailgaters there for the past 7-10 years. 

Bulls Tailgating:  I'm the guy with the group right across from yall with the huge USF tat on my arm and the big group of guys who are always out there with yall 8-10 hours ahead of time, so trust me I know your pain and frustration as well.

I also love the quote in the paper from the university:  "it's not really the students, mostly casual fans and recent alumni who are getting the arrests".  I don't know the exact quote so if someone has it and can post it, please do!

So, after you get so drunk that you can't see straight, are you cordial to opposing fans and fans sitting around you?

There's a big difference between being legally drunk, which I am at most games, and being so drunk that you can't see straight.  BIG DIFFERENCE.  Would you be ok with cops walking around randomly giving people breathalyzers at every tailgate, and every person that is over .08 they throw in the paddywagon?  I mean, since it's technically illegal to be "drunk" in public.  Common sense is needed here.

• Content Count:  189

Has anyone gotten a deff answer on the External speaker rule??  I called USF, and the TSA neither could give me a answer.  The lady i spoke with at the TSA Barbra Casey, there Spokeswoman told me last Friday she was not aware of that Rule.  The cops that came by our Tailgate and shut our DJ down said it was a rule by the TSA.   Seems like something Fishy goin on ???

Im sure Shaun was pissed bout getting shut down lol. I would think the only thing they can get yall on is a sound ordinance, but as long as he isnt over a certain decibel level, I dont see what they can get you for....maybe a permit issues but thats ********. You're tailgating, not holding a concert. He's dj'in on his laptop and on turntable, not like its full blown out with stages n **** lol.

• Content Count:  203

Not even worth responding too because if you sit in section 115 row D you know who I am and how I am during all the home games.  Anyone in this section or near my group can attest to how awesome our section is.  I know Gurly Bull loves our section b/c she is 2 rows in front of us!

• Content Count:  203

There's a big difference between being legally drunk, which I am at most games, and being so drunk that you can't see straight.  BIG DIFFERENCE.  Would you be ok with cops walking around randomly giving people breathalyzers at every tailgate, and every person that is over .08 they throw in the paddywagon?  I mean, since it's technically illegal to be "drunk" in public.  Common sense is needed here.

Thank you BullsWinBucsWin...at least there are some on this board who think common sense should come into play...well said!

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

:clap

Archived