• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

Do our students really know who our players are????

This past Saturday night I attended Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando. While standing in line for one of the haunted houses my buddy and I got on the subject about college football. Well the guys (All 5 of them are USF students) behind us over heard our conversation and started to chime in. They were saying "we have no offense, Grothe needs to be replaced, our future QB is Gregory." After they made the statement about our future, I asked "Do you know who BJ Daniels is?'" The answer I got from them was "Who is BJ Daniels? "I have never heard of that kid in my life. Has he played before?" After hearing them say all that I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I had to walk away, I just couldn't believe it!!!!!

Are the students that go to the game true USF fans? 

Go Bulls

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  996

OH cmon...just because someone doesn't know our 3rd stringer does not mean they are true fans.  Can you honestly name the 3rd depth person at every position?  I know I could, but I am not like most.  Keep this in mind.  Did anyone know anything about Grothe before Julmiste went down and got injured.  We do not need to be picky on who is a fan and who isnt.  I like anyone who will say Go Bulls and come to a game.  They don't have to know everyones names or whatever.  This thread is pointless...

-Gurly

• Content Count:  637

At the Tenn-Martin game when BJ Daniels came out, I saw a complete lack of excitement. Meanwhile, I'm flipping out like a moron.

That being said, do they need to know who he is? No, that's stupid, there's a lot of people on a football team.

• Content Count:  5,241

45+ thousand students. A lot of them got other things then our football team going on. Unfortunately, not all of them will be educated on our depth chart.

Although, I contend all the students on this board probably know their stuff.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

you must understand that all students are:

1. not extreme fans like we are

2. love USF football but simply dont pay enough attention to know about our 3rd string QB

3. are just casual fans

• Content Count:  6,502

Do our students really know who our players are????

This past Saturday night I attended Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando. While standing in line for one of the haunted houses my buddy and I got on the subject about college football. Well the guys (All 5 of them are USF students) behind us over heard our conversation and started to chime in. They were saying "we have no offense, Grothe needs to be replaced, our future QB is Gregory." After they made the statement about our future, I asked "Do you know who BJ Daniels is?'" The answer I got from them was "Who is BJ Daniels? "I have never heard of that kid in my life. Has he played before?" After hearing them say all that I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I had to walk away, I just couldn't believe it!!!!!

Are the students that go to the game true USF fans? 

Go Bulls

It is statements like that are the major cause of strokes.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

OH cmon...just because someone doesn't know our 3rd stringer does not mean they are true fans.  Can you honestly name the 3rd depth person at every position?  I know I could, but I am not like most.  Keep this in mind.  Did anyone know anything about Grothe before Julmiste went down and got injured.  We do not need to be picky on who is a fan and who isnt.  I like anyone who will say Go Bulls and come to a game. Agree as long as they don't give our fanbase a bad rap!  They don't have to know everyones names or whatever.  This thread is pointless...

-Gurly

• Content Count:  651

OH cmon...just because someone doesn't know our 3rd stringer does not mean they are true fans.  Can you honestly name the 3rd depth person at every position?  I know I could, but I am not like most.  Keep this in mind.  Did anyone know anything about Grothe before Julmiste went down and got injured.  We do not need to be picky on who is a fan and who isnt.  I like anyone who will say Go Bulls and come to a game.  They don't have to know everyones names or whatever.  This thread is pointless...

-Gurly

You have a good point however, being that BJ was a prized recruit, probably our top recruit if I'm not mistaken, people should know of him.

• Content Count:  622

All good points...besides most students do not follow recruiting and the first time they will hear about a player is when they get considerable pla time

Archived