• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I dont know about you but this loss hurts way more.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  148
  • Days Won:  0

The only thing that hurts more about this loss is that we have a bye week in between and we have to live with it for 15 days. 

The loss at Rutgers was more heartbreaking to me, we were much better than they were going into that game, yeah they had Rice, but if you look at defense, their record going in and our momentum up to that point, plus Shiano's promise that RU would win before the game, just kicked me in the balls.

Their win was primarily with trick plays and a bad call on the punt block. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This loss hurts because it is recent.

I hope it shocks the team and gets them cranked for the next six. Another 5-1 stretch would be amazing. Season is far from over.

I believe the lesson from last years 3 game skid wasn't about the team learning how to never lose a game again with pressure, but about the importance of rebounding. At least I hope that's what they learned. Had we won any one of those games, we most likely would have been in the Orange Bowl. (thanks to the ranking turmoil)

Going into this season, I never thought about being undefeated. Those are pipe dreams. This loss sucks, but could you imagine if we had lost to UCF? Also though KU might have been a loss as well.

Other good news about this is that this Pitt team will most likely be ranked now. That could boost the rankings of UConn or the future rankings of WVU so we have a stronger shot at redemption.

• Content Count:  645

Either Ford is the man or isn't... a reporter needs to ask the coaches what it will take to have a true #1 back. The fans want Ford... well... is he a slackass in practice, or are the other backs just as good, hence the RB by committee. Hold Ford accountable to the public (call him out reporters and coaches if he is half-assing it... better yet, have him drug tested repeatedly -  b/c 99% of the players I played with went full speed in practice). We sure are holding the coaches accountable for not playing him... so tell us why he is not getting the carries. Better yet, let Mike tell us why he feels he is not getting many reps. I'd like to see both sides of the story.

Sheriff I could not agree more.  If there is a reason, it would be nice to know what is going on.  Do you think we really have a chance at getting an answer?  Or are we going to be left to ponder and wonder?

• Content Count:  667

this was a reality check

remember all those teams this year that we failed to destroy?  well, last night was a byproduct of our inability to do so.. it is because we werent talented enough to do so.. last night was our reality check:  we shouldnt have been ranked as high as we are.. probably in the 20's or upper teens.. MAYBE.  but 10th?  no.

• Content Count:  148

I think our schedule is perfect for rebounding from a loss, we have a bye week to regroup and get well and if you think at Cincy might be the next loss, we have a bye after that as well. 

Unlike last year, it's not 3 games in a row with no bye.  The only other game I see us possibly losing is to WVU, we'll see how good Cincy is at Marshall on Saturday.  Remember, Cincy is going into this game with a 2 point victory over Akron.  They had to dig deep to replace their QB, I think we pull that game off.  They still have a stout defense, but their freshman QB is nowhere near Mauk. 

Also, our last two games (seperated by a bye week) are against Uconn & WVU, the Uconn game is a home game

• Content Count:  1,165

I think you're overly sensitive.

This loss hurts way less than Rutgers.  With Rutgers, we were in a position to really and truly play for a BCS title.  #2.

This one... while it hurts, the overall loss is much less.  If anything, I feel like we let the Big East down a bit, but screw them... we're going to beat the crap out of the rest of them anyway, so who gives a **** what they think.  ;D

Agreed.

• Content Count:  1,981

This one stings more 'cause I had higher expectations, plus it was at home. With Rutgers, I knew what they were capable of, and we knew how good Ray Rice was. This really sucks. I'm thinking about hitting up a bar and just drink. Luckily bars over here are not tuned in to ESPN, so I won't be reminded of why I'm at the bar in the first place. Merde!

• Content Count:  869

The three games streak last year was painful; however, El Paso would be my call for most recent painful experience.  I actually feel better today than after the bowl game or the three loss streak.  The team looked flat all game.  The team 'looked' tired - hopefully the rest will help.  My wish is for everyone to get healthy and get focused for the remainder of the season.  I am not a fan of Thursday nights... I hope that the upcoming Sunday game goes better. 

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

it doesn't hurt more than Rutgers, but it's close.

the emotional rollercoaster that was last season came by complete surprise--- even to those of us who knew the potential of the team didn't expect to hit #2 in the BCS, and the loss to Rutgers after climbing so high so fast really messed me up...  i literally had trouble sleeping and was in a funk for the entire week following the game.

i feel like **** about this loss primarily because i really thought that despite our shortcomings and inability to put teams away [with the exception of NCSU], we had a good looking team in what appeared to be a down year for the Big East.

after the first 5 games, running the table didn't seem like such a stretch... and then, as if on cue, the Bi-Polar Bulls dropped the very first conference game.  at home.  to Shitt.

it's a squandered opportunity.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I think you're overly sensitive.

This loss hurts way less than Rutgers.  With Rutgers, we were in a position to really and truly play for a BCS title.  #2.

This one... while it hurts, the overall loss is much less.  If anything, I feel like we let the Big East down a bit, but screw them... we're going to beat the crap out of the rest of them anyway, so who gives a **** what they think.  ;D

Agreed.

That, and the team didn't just get straight up outplayed against Rutgers. They played well for the most part (aside from the trick plays on special teams) and sh!tty officials took points off the board. Pitt just straight up outplayed us last night and we had no business with even a chance at the end. It p!sses me off that we lost last night, but I still get heated thinking about the Buttgers game from last season. This game I'm almost over already

Archived