• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

is it possible that after a loss...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

we could lock the boards from posts for a few hours

I haven't read everything but every time we loose it seems like so much of what people post is done running on pure emotions. There'd be a lot less to read and a lot more things worth reading if people didn't post most of what they're thinking an hour after a loss. I guess it'd just be nice if we could give ourselves some time to digest what happened then constructively talk about things...but I guess that's not what message boards are all about.

That's just my 2 cents...now I'm off to sleep and will be on here at some point tomorrow to read all the people who are going to tell me to shut up and let them whine :) or to stop whining myself ;)

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

It's therapy for some emotional types.  I will be combining many of the threads.  I just finished watching on DVR so I am a bit behind.

Funny how many names that have not posted in weeks or months are popping up here tonight.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  21,088
  • Days Won:  39

It is possible that you could avoid reading the boards until the dust settles.  Locking the board would make it pretty irrelevant fast.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

k...before everyone does blow up at me...I am not being serious about locking the boards...

just pointing out that I read about 5 posts that are basically the same exact thing and none of which really discussed the game at all

Not expecting full analysis of every play at this point, just seems like most of what happens is people jumping down each other's throats and after all we are all Bulls fans and we all are dealing with the loss in our own way. For some people that's venting on here and I get that, but couldn't we just make one giant thread for "venting" and give the discussion an opportunity to materialize

PS: I realize this is what pretty much happens every loss and I learned last season to sit back and let the dust settle for a night or so, but tonight was compelled to I suppose point out the obvious with what happens.  (ok now I'm really dilerious cause all I can think is "why can't we just all get along" and now I'm shutting up :) )

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

You got let the sour ones get it off their chests or you'll be debating what a fan is for 77 posts.  Just post, don't read, until tomorrow.  :)

• Content Count:  1,370

Yeah, our losses become a circle jerk for all the negative types on here. It's almost as though a loss is a time for them to shine on here and post 50-60 times. That isn't to say there shouldn't be some venting going on...we played awful in all phases of the game...and there certainly is some criticism to go around. It's just that some guys are wayyyyy out there with some of their rants and raves.

Pretty much everybody thought we'd be 5-1 after six games this year...and that's where we are. Unfortunately, our loss is to a conference foe rather than to Kansas, which most thought we'd lose to.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

I hope it was merely an aberration and that we get healthy during our break and come out fired up with the Cuse game. ANother 5 game run would be just what the docter ordered.

the thing is, it wasn't an aberration

quite a few people on this board saw it coming:  the meltdown in the 4th quarter of UCiF, our struggles with FIU, the way Kansas raped us with shovel and screen passes all night then came back from a 14 point deficit with 9 minutes left, the way NCState's sub-mediocre backup QB hit us with deep passes all night long...

Wannstache studied the tape and poured salt on every weakness our team has, and added some tough Big East defense to boot.

sure, beating Cuse is always nice... but if the Bulls are going to continue to grow they have to win games like this AT HOME.

the Bulls are going to hover in the low teens and 20s in the polls until they can figure out how to be consistent.

after a loss like this, which mirrors the meltdown last season, NOBODY--- not AP writers or coaches--- are going to be jumping on our bandwagon any time soon.

• Content Count:  1,370

quite a few people on this board saw it coming:  the meltdown in the 4th quarter of UCiF, our struggles with FIU, the way Kansas raped us with shovel and screen passes all night then came back from a 14 point deficit with 9 minutes left, the way NCState's sub-mediocre backup QB hit us with deep passes all night long...

This is why I thought it was comical when people were talking about an undefeated season and a possible national championship run. We just aren't consistent enough yet to do something like that, even with a weakened schedule and conference. That said, I still think we'll go 10-2...my guess being our next loss to Cincy.

Archived