• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Realistic Bowl Chances-What do you think

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

First off I would like to say its probably a good think we dont play Houston. They way there are playing Southern Miss and they didnt even look too bad againts Miami.

So what are our chances of go bowling and how many more games do you think we could lose and still go to a bowl?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

1 Conference Loss and Pitt and we should be good to go, if we get 2 conf losses were in trouble

Guest no_bowl_4_da_bulls?

Well a Houston win would sure screw things up but not all that bad provided Houston does lose 2 more games (UL and ???)

Depending on how all this shakes out USF could possibly still make a bowl even if we go 4-4 in the conference.  It requires us to beat Pitt of course and we'll need a crap load of help from other CUSA schools in the way of timely losses.

Tonight's game aside, I think UL, UAM, Memphis and UAB are pretty much locks barring any kind of complete meltdown.  Army, ECU, Tulane(?) and Houston are pretty much toast - again barring any kind of momumental turn around.

That leaves TCU, Cincy and USF for the last bowl slot.  Now you'd have to look at who plays who and how good everyone is looking to maybe make a wild a** guess as to what could happen.

Still plenty of football left to play but we are not dead yet.  Of course I would say our chances look really good if we had any kind of consistent and reliable offense.  We need to get out on folks early and put the pressure on them for a change.

Guest no_bowl_4_da_bulls?

Bulls catch a break over some really bad officiating.

Now Houston is only one loss away from being eliminated from any possible bowl consideration.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

You people have no faith in our school... They will run the table. We do not need charity from any CUSA school. Our team will take care of business on their own.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

TCU (3-2)  has games @UAB, Houston, @Cincy, @UL, USM, Tulane.... losing @UAB, @UL, vs USM are looking good and Houston isnt exactly a slouch.  SO they will be borderline like us.

Cincy (2-3)- @Army, UM, TCU, @USM, USF, @UL....  Unless they step it up soon, there chances look worse than ours.  They can only lose three more and with games at UL and USM thats prob two of the three.  They then play Memphis, TCU and us at home.  Anyone of us beats them and they are out.

USF- (2-2) Army, @UL,  @UAB, ECU, @Cincy,  Memphis, Pitt....  All we need to do is go 4-3 in our remaining games.  Army and ECU SHOULD be easy wins.  So we need two wins out of @UL @UAB @Cincy and hosting memphis and Pitt.  I think pulling off the win at Cincy will be big in knocking them out and putting us even closer.  I think we will be 5-5 going into Pitt.  If the guys cant get up for that.... well its a sad day!

Guest AstroBull

I am positive that we can beat everyone left on the schedule with the exception to Louisville.  Even then if we play well we have a shot.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

left one off...

Tulane is not dead yet (1-2) @ECU, @UM, UAB, @UH, Navy, Army, @TCU, UL.... They have to go 5-3 in their remaining games.  UAB, @UH, Navy @TCU and UL should all be close if not losses, so maybe they are out of the picture after all.

The problem is if Tulane or TCU end up with the same record as us, both will be picked over us for their respective hometown bowls.  

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  63

I think we will be 6-5 or 7-4 going to a bowl.  If we beat Army, UAB, ECU. and  Memphis which are all ranked among the worst passing defenses in the country just like TCU then we should be bowling if we don't shoot ourselves like we did with Southern Piss.  All should be well in Bulls Country come December.  GO BULLS!!!

BIGJL