• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So Cal needs a home and away in 2011 and 2012

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since USF doesn't like to play 3 BCS teams in one season, this will never happen.

It would be worth rescheduling Ball State if we could get this series

Since Ball State is not a BCS team, it wouldn't help... USF's scheduling philosophy is 2 BCS teams per year home and away...

And with the Miami series, our BCS slots are filled until at least 2013... and could be filled through 2016 if the Miami series is extended at all.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Since USF doesn't like to play 3 BCS teams in one season, this will never happen.

Never is a long time.

I remember when fans on here said that ND would NEVER play USF.

We said we would NEVER schedule another PAY GAME, but we made an exception for ND. It was too good an opportunity to pass up.

If USF could get a home and home series with USC, the fact that we already had two other BCS teams scheduled that year, IMO, would not prevent us from doing it. What would prevent it is if we then only had five home games as a result.  We must have at least six home games every year for season ticket holders.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

It would be worth rescheduling Ball State if we could get this series

Since Ball State is not a BCS team, it wouldn't help... USF's scheduling philosophy is 2 BCS teams per year home and away...

And with the Miami series, our BCS slots are filled until at least 2013... and could be filled through 2016 if the Miami series is extended at all.

I dunno, if I'm the AD and we have a chance to get a home and home with USC, I'd make a one-case exception to playing just 2 BCS a year. That's just me though

Mama... Never is a long time... but you're talking about specific years: 2011 and 2012.  I can see USF playing USC sometime in the future... but not those years.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Mama... Never is a long time... but you're talking about specific years: 2011 and 2012.  I can see USF playing USC sometime in the future... but not those years.

I don't believe we moved anything to get the ND game. We had the luxury of playing @ND because we already had SIX games at HOME That year. It's that number of home games which is inviolable.

We did previously move games around to extend the Miami series, but I don't think that was related to any possible deal with ND. I think the ND deal came up later on after another Big East team backed out on ND and they had an opening on their schedule.

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

this should happen...

would be great!

we have a better shot at winning than OSU

• Content Count:  10,219

we would be nuts to pass it up

• Content Count:  624

Would LOVE to see this series, however, playing Miami, @ Notre Dame, and USC all in 2011 would be disastrous.

• Content Count:  3,103

Would LOVE to see this series, however, playing Miami, @ Notre Dame, and USC all in 2011 would be disastrous.

unless we win all three then our SOS is high and we are looked at as a serious title contender, not too much the recruiting pitch we could use on recruits we go after and recruits we would get from beating those three teams in the same year

Archived