• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF making more money with bigger crowds.

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Days Won:  0

After the UCF "experience", I don't think i want a campus stadium until we can afford to build a quality stadium. Ray Jay is really nice and the parking, security, etc is outstanding. Our fans and the visiting fans BOTH get to have a good expereience.

The traffic and parking at the UCF game was atrocious. There was nowhere to park and the tow trucks were hard at work towing people away that tried to park in any parking lots outside the campus. I wasn't even trying to get free parking, I wanted to find someone to take my money for a parking spot after driving almost 1.5 hours in bumper to bumper traffic before getting to the stadium and finding out the the whole campus is reserved for UCF donors. I eventually tried to sell my tickets at the stadium but one of the officers made a call to the half empty reserved parking lots that let my buddy park the car about 3/4 of a mile away from the stadium. Didn't get into the stadium until 2 minutes before halftime.

Having experienced that, we need to plan out how we will park everyone including visiting fans while also building a quality stadium. Ray Jay is our home and a really good home field environment that also is helping us recruit good players.

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

UCF has had a year to solve their traffic problems, and have yet to do it.  It took us 40 minutes to get from the parking garage that we parked in (had a ucf pass) to the edge of campus. 

On campus parking sucks everywhere... @ Auburn we had to walk more than a mile... and traffic getting away from campus was atrocious...

I always plan to get to campus on road trips at least 3 hours before kickoff... otherwise traffic and parking are always going to be atrocious... and if you look at campus, there isn't much we can do that will be any better than UCF.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

On campus parking sucks everywhere... @ Auburn we had to walk more than a mile... and traffic getting away from campus was atrocious...

I always plan to get to campus on road trips at least 3 hours before kickoff... otherwise traffic and parking are always going to be atrocious... and if you look at campus, there isn't much we can do that will be any better than UCF.

A friend of mine who graduated from Auburn came to the KU game with me.  He liked the atmosphere, but he thought traffic and parking was worse than at Auburn.  We parked in the mall lot, and they ridiculously snaked traffic through the lot, then a traffic jam afterward to get out.  Of course he said after their games they tailgate for a couple more hours.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,578
  • Days Won:  29

Positives heavily outweigh the few negatives.

Archived