• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Johnny Peyton

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Why does the Coach wait until we are deep in the hole before having PG pass to Peyton?  The guy is tremendous.  Although Hall can run with the ball, Peyton was there for the long passes.  I think we would fair better if he was given more play time.  That's only my opinion, but based upon what I have seen on the field.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

If Peyton, or any other reciever, isnt the #1 option on a particular play, then they have exactly zero chance of catching the ball.

Julmiste stands there and stares down 1 guy, then tries to thread the needle.......usually resulting in a 1-hop throw or a pick.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Just seems to me you can see the inexperience all around the passing game. The receivers are getting open but PJ isn't seeing them well, he is throwing low but also there were a LOT of perfectly thrown balls that were dropped. Hopefully these kinks will be ironed out soon! There has been alot of talk about the offensive coaches not doing well creating a scheme but could it go further then that...are they good enough "teachers" when it comes to the QB position? Banks had the same issues as far as throwing at peoples feet and making bad deicisions but unfortunately he didn't have the legs to make up for it. I just have to wonder if we have the coaching skills to get these players up to snuff. Yeah I know we can point to Marquel but I don't really think anything Marquel did can be attributed to caoching, pure instinct IMO.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Yeah I know we can point to Marquel but I don't really think anything Marquel did can be attributed to caoching, pure instinct IMO.

Personally, I think Marquel was overrated.

Personally, I think Marquel was overrated.

Maybe, maybe not...regardless he won games but IMO it was not due to scheme or coaching but instead he had a natural ability to make something happen out of nothing. What I wonder is for the majority of players do we have the coaching skills to develop them into solid QBs. All I keep hearing is how someone has the raw talent but it never seems we hear it gets honed into anything on the field and it's been two QBs now with the same issues.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

Personally I think we need to bring in someone good enough that we don't have to TEACH him so much. I mean cmon, we, the fans realize what is wrong, why dont they?? How long does it take to realize that we are not the same team as 3 years ago?? This is a different team w/ different players, so why not a different plan or recruit players that fit the mold for our offense. PJ is no Marquel Blackwell, but Marquell did not have the arm that PJ has, plus I dont even remember or RB name back then but I know he wasnt a Andre Hall. Give Andre the ball and lets switch some things up.

That's a given that we need to get better talent but we NEED to be able to develop that talent. I had felt this was a problem the Bucs had for years. All you ever heard was how when the Bucs let a QB go they would be awesome once they left. How could that be attributed to anything but coaches that couldn't get the best out of their QBs due to poor coaching? I wonder if that is a problem here as well. To say we should find a young kid who can bring us to where we want to be with no coaching.....Somehow I just don't think that is possible except maybe 1 in a million kids and I'd hate to hang my hat on that.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Andre Hall got stuffed for negative yuards or no gain many times.  You can't live by the run alone.  PJ was not putting the ball in a place where the receivers could catch it and run.  I think Peyton is going to be great as well.  But I did see him hit the dirt when he caught the ball a couple of times when he did not really need to go down.  Looked like he was afraid to get hit.  

Anyhow, receiving is NOT our bigest issue - untimely penalties and untimely interceptions are the reason we lost last night, and why we will continue to lose.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  85

It doesn't matter how good a receiver is if we can't get the ball to him. PJ had a bad night, but I'm wiling to give him a few more chances.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  266

PJ had a lot of drop balls last night too a couple of which bounced off guys and then were intercepted.  He didnt have a good night but I dont think he had that bad a night.

Johnny Peyton is going to be a real special reciever but he is a true freshman and he has dropped a lot of ball that should have been caught.