• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

fau

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

going down again

they talk a good game though

• Content Count:  31
  • Days Won:  0

This whole idea that FAU is a team of trash talkers is off base.  Coach Schnellenberger has one comment about Texas blown out of proportion and all of a sudden FAU is all talk.  You won't find a coach that is as complimentary of every opponent as Schnelly.  If you listen to his comment before the Texas game in context it was so harmless it was ridiculous that it became a big story.  Then a kick returner makes one comment minutes after a game ends and suddenly it is a trend?  If you don't think you couldn't find a player saying the same thing that our kick returner said on every team you are kidding yourself.

Anyway, about today...the weather was awful and it took away our passing game.  Take that away and we are toast.  Simple as that.

• Content Count:  1,260

FAU still had some golden chances... They're only going to get better from playing these games so toughly...

FAU still had some golden chances... They're only going to get better from playing these games so toughly...

Yeah, a ticky-tack holding call on the long TD that was called back, a bobbled snap on a FG, a bunch of turnovers in good field position.  The game was there for the taking, but we just couldn't over come the weather.  Rusty Smith looked like he was throwing a bowling ball and then on the good passes, the WRs dropped them.  What can you do...it was one of those days.  At least we get Minnesota in a done next week, so the offense should get back on track. 

I'd wish you good luck against FIU next week, but you won't need it.  You can't believe how bad of a team that is until you see it in person.  I know you played them once a few years ago, but this isn't the same team.  They are young and the talent and depth just isn't there yet.  They'll need another 2 seasons to turn that thing around in Miami.  You should win by 35.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/sfl-flspmikec07sbsep07,0,3717636.story

"And after Schnellenberger angered Texas by questioning its toughness, Owls kick returner Jeff Blanchard promised FAU would light up Michigan State on Saturday.

"We will score a lot against them, trust me," he said."

FAU just needs to STFU and play football and leave the smack-talk-that-you-can't-back-up in the locker room where it belongs.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

fau is lower tier football program

i see no greatness in their future

• Content Count:  2,118

they seemed to have a good future, but seems they can't win when it counts.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

FAU will destroy us.

they seemed to have a good future, but seems they can't win when it counts.

Like when they went to Troy last year and won the conference title?  Or our first Bowl game?  Those games counted I think...

Archived