• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

fau

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Days Won:  0

fau is lower tier football program

i see no greatness in their future

Maybe my memory is going, but I seem to recall that it wasn't all that long ago people were saying the same thing about USF. 

• Content Count:  260

I was rooting for FAU against Michigan State.  They had plenty of chances, but couldn't capitalize.  Had that first TD not been called backed on the needless hold, I think it would have been a different game.  The defense wore down at the end and Ringer was able to run all over them.  Like the FAU poster said, Smith was way off and when he did throw a good pass, the receivers dropped it.  Better luck next time, I guess.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Coach Schnellenberger has one comment about Texas blown out of proportion ....

"Once we step out on the field with Texas, the only ones who can help us is ourselves. Texas always has a very polished team that has great talent, but they aren't tough. They aren't a physically tough team," Schnellenberger said.

"My defense will get to a point where they will be mean, nasty and ornery bastards, and that's what you need for Texas. Texas will move the ball with tit-for-tat screens and options, but we'll make them pay a price whenever they catch one of those dinky passes. We'll put three hats on them and make them not want to get up. That's the way to beat Texas."

Blown out of proportion?  ::)

• Content Count:  2,239

Coach Schnellenberger has one comment about Texas blown out of proportion ....

"Once we step out on the field with Texas, the only ones who can help us is ourselves. Texas always has a very polished team that has great talent, but they aren't tough. They aren't a physically tough team," Schnellenberger said.

"My defense will get to a point where they will be mean, nasty and ornery bastards, and that's what you need for Texas. Texas will move the ball with tit-for-tat screens and options, but we'll make them pay a price whenever they catch one of those dinky passes. We'll put three hats on them and make them not want to get up. That's the way to beat Texas."

Blown out of proportion?  ::)

:clap

Thank you, sir.  FAU had a massive case of sticking their foot in their mouth and then some stupid kicker helped give Michigan State some locker room material.  Just because you had 1 season where you went to a bowl game and beat up a crappy team does not mean you are ready to talk that kind of smack that would make teams that could fall into a trap game focus and put the hurting on you.  Schnelly needs to reign it in for a year or two.

Archived