• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Killer Instinct

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

OK....WHAT A FREAKING GAME !!!!!!!!!  However I have a big question.

The last two games we are up 14 points in the 4th quarter.  Why doesn't the coachng staff have the killer instinct to put the game far out of reach?  

If you are going to move up in the polls you cannot show a soft side, you cannot let a team comeback in the manner UCiF and KU did these past two games.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Why doesn't the coachng staff have the killer instinct to put the game far out of reach?  

If you are going to move up in the polls you cannot show a soft side, you cannot let a team comeback in the manner UCiF and KU did these past two games.

I don't think it is a matter of letting KU catch up.  KU is on a par with USF and clearly has the ability to do what they did.  Didn't we come back on them from 20-0 to tie it up?  Their QB and WR are first rate.  I see them as being almost a mirror image to our team. 

As far as the UCF game goes, there it boiled down (I think) to putting the ball in the air with less than 4 minutes left that changed the game, allowing UCF to come back. In that instance I might have asked that question, but not with KU. 

Just be thankful we didn't have to go to OT with KU. 

I believe we will move up in the polls after this game.  However, with KU being ranked 11th and USF being ranked 18th I don't see us moving up more than 4 spots.  Of course, a lot also depends upon what the other teams that play this weekend do.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

OK....WHAT A FREAKING GAME !!!!!!!!!  However I have a big question.

The last two games we are up 14 points in the 4th quarter.  Why doesn't the coachng staff have the killer instinct to put the game far out of reach?  

bulls and staff certainly dont have it

coaching staff is inexperienced/incompetent or both

• Content Count:  880

the answer is.....

GREGORY!!!!

he gets a lead, goes into a shell, and prays that the D will bail him out again. 

• Content Count:  2,461

We DID NOT go into a shell yesterday.

If you think we did, pull your H out of your A.

• Content Count:  118

How can you blame Gregory for KU's come back? For one thing KU scored on the first possession after they went down 14. Then if Grothe didn't step over the line of scrimmage USF may have gone on another scoring drive but that penalty basically ended that drive and then after Grothe's fumble I pretty much knew KU would score.

As for the 14 point lead against USF, that happened because the Bulls were being too aggressive. Why was Grothe trying to force a pass to a covered receiver with 4 minutes left and a two score lead when UCF had been unable to move the ball on our defense for pretty much the entire game? Yeah you can blame Gregory, but not because he "went into a shell".

• Content Count:  4,738

During the game I thought, as well as everyone around us that the team and the playcalling tightened up big time after the two touchdown lead.  I'll probably watch the replay but it was not good to let them get back in the game.

• Content Count:  880

we did go into a shell.  in the third quarter we ran taylor wide with huge success.  in the fourth with 10 minutes left, instead of aggressively pushing the ball down the field, we run between the tackles.  3 and outs in the fourth quarter put the D on the field way too much.

Archived