• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Killer Instinct

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

If we had a 21 point lead then yeah you could talk about killer instinct for this game, but 14 points was never enough to have a safe lead over KU.

• Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

It's not about instinct...the kids were giving it all they had and more. We get out to a 14 point lead and trot out in the I-formation for the first time all evening.....and guess what...we run. That's not putting kids in a position to win, the playcalling has to be more cohesive and make sense. We need to see the power formations periodically throughout the game to keep the defense honest and on their heels.

We seem to run empty backfield formations inside the red zone/on short yardage situations and dual backs in the middle of the field or when long yardage is needed. I wonder what Coach Gregory is doing half the time... >:(

• Content Count:  880

It's not about instinct...the kids were giving it all they had and more. We get out to a 14 point lead and trot out in the I-formation for the first time all evening.....and guess what...we run. That's not putting kids in a position to win, the playcalling has to be more cohesive and make sense. We need to see the power formations periodically throughout the game to keep the defense honest and on their heels.

We seem to run empty backfield formations inside the red zone/on short yardage situations and dual backs in the middle of the field or when long yardage is needed. I wonder what Coach Gregory is doing half the time... >:(

exactly my point.  there is no consistency with the play calling.  we don't run to set up the pass or vice versa.  our running and passing games seem to be mutually exclusive for the most part. 

• Content Count:  4,738

If we had a 21 point lead then yeah you could talk about killer instinct for this game, but 14 points was never enough to have a safe lead over KU.

when you score 31 unanswered points you can talk about killer instinct

• Content Count:  5,241

This past 2 games our just some of those games that defy all standards and predictions. UCF played with something to prove, and I think there was some bad coaching calls (Not running, but letting grothe pass) but ucf wanted redemption bad.

With Kansas, we faced a very good team with the Reesing, who maybe Grothe's long lost twin brother, which resulted in a QB battle. Our secondary could improve, but they're just a good team, BUT WERE BETTER.

Also it wouldnt hurt if they wouldve ever called holding on that kansas line

Archived