• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  0

I didn't have any way to follow the game tonight (other than the Net, which is way too abstract), but from the look of the score, it seemed to be a close game.  Was it?

Considering the poor state of our QB position this year, I gotta admit that I'm not too upset about the score.  I may not like them, but USM is a strong team lately, so as long as we could keep it close, even with what could be considered out B team, I'm pretty happy.

Other than Louisville, I don't see any other game on our schedule that should be too difficult to win.  I'm not even gonna get started on how much Pitt blows this year.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

We made it a game in the second half.  They were doing a good job of handling us up until that point.  If we had that unlucky bounce of an interception after we recovered the fumble it could have been great momentum.  I know all the int's killed us but I think that was a big one.  We still had a chance.

Guest wildrover

Had we been firing on all cylinders we would have won this game.  Southern Miss gave us opoortunity after opportunity and we failed to capaitalize each time.  

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

2 INTs in the endzone.

That's all you need to know.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

Also, on the 2 yard line and all we get is a field goal. That is a big let down. Let's look toward Army for homecoming and put a win on the board.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

One thing that surprises me though is all the comments about offense only. Yeah, we had some problems on offense but what really bother me (ok, not unexpected considering how young they are) was the defense. Man our backfeild was swiss cheese, I mean it was BAAAD! The only time throughout the entire game I saw anyone even close to a USM receiver was the pass interference play. We were lucky several passes were overthrown. Top that off with horendous tackling and ZERO preassure on the QB and all in all I was amazed I was looking at a Leavitt D.