• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: BCS "softies," Kansas is #3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Frightful: The 10 BCS teams that load up on cupcakes   

3. Kansas 14.3%

No. of nonconf. gms. Rec. vs. BCS Rec. vs. I-A non-BCS Rec. vs. I-AA Pct. of gms. vs. BCS

35 1-4 (.200) 15-5 (.750) 10-0 (1.000) .143

Let's zero in on a team that loves to load up on the fluffiest cupcakes of all. The Jayhawks are the only BCS school to have played a I-AA or provisional I-A team in each of the past 10 seasons. Maybe that strategy has something to do with Kansas' lack of nonconference success in the past decade: 1-4, with two losses to Northwestern. Ouch. Kansas does travel to South Florida this season, but the 2008 menu also includes home games against Florida International, Louisiana Tech and Sam Houston State. Bon appetit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=frightful/080905

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

They must not take this year into account because outside of Kansas our entire schedule is looking more and more like Cupcakes.  After Mangino sees our schedule he might just join the coaching staff.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Every Team is serious...    Shall I remind you of army a few years ago?

• Content Count:  2,461

Hey, this B serious business... I'm just posting the story. Don't kill the messenger!

I think this was based on last year's schedule.

Every Team is serious...    Shall I remind you of army a few years ago?

No, I was there.  There's nothing you could do to right now to convince me that Rutgers is serious.  They are so garbage this year.  They are missing Zutta and Rice BADLY.

UL looked like they got their offense on track against that high school squad last week.  They'll have a true test against KState next week.

Cuse is BAD!

Pitt could prove something with a win against Iowa next week.

WVU needs to win @Colorado next week.

Hopefully UConn can squeeze out a W against a bad UVA team.

There's a lot of football left until conference play, but it doesn't look good right now.  

I think Pitt and Cincy can rebound.  WVU and UL are a toss up.  Cuse and Rutgers are toast this season.  UConn still needs to prove themselves.

• Content Count:  701

you missed this:  i read it as we kinda are too, but found a loophole to get out of this conversation LOL

Note: Former Big East member Temple and current Big East members Cincinnati, Connecticut, Louisville and South Florida aren't tabulated in this study because they weren't BCS conference members during the entire span of 1998 to 2007. These schools are considered BCS opponents for the years they were Big East members: Temple (1998 to 2004), Connecticut (2004 to '07), Cincinnati (2005 to '07), Louisville (2005 to '07) and South Florida (2005 to '07). Additionally, Connecticut counts as a Division I-AA or provisional I-A member through the 2001 season and a non-BCS I-A member in 2002 and 2003. South Florida was a Division I-AA or provisional I-A member through the 2000 season and a non-BCS I-A member from 2001 to 2004. Other schools that moved up to the Division I-A classification from 1998 to 2007 are classified as I-AA until their first official I-A season.

• Content Count:  760

Of all SEC teams I would have thought Florida would have had to be up there. Atleast at 10.

Of all SEC teams I would have thought Florida would have had to be up there. Atleast at 10.

They get the award for only playing out of conference games vs. legit contenders at home.

They get the award for only playing out of conference games vs. legit contenders at home.

UF pulls the we play FSU card to wiggle out of a week OOC schedule.  In the past it worked, but I don't think FSU and UM hold much weight this year.  Maybe if they prove themselves in the weak ACC.

Archived