• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FOR those watching from home tonight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

was it a pass interference on the INT or not?  they never showed it on the jumbotron and it looked like a shady call at best.  and the flag seemed kinda late

so was it flagworthy or not?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  50

I want to see a replay of that play.  I agree with you 83. That was a horrible call.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I saw that replay, I had reasons I could not attend the game in person.  It was not interference, and kept this game from ending in a legit fashions.

Many of the calls on our ensuing drive were, in fact, obvious makeup calls.  But those didnt get us a touchdown.

Still, we were in their redzone twice, and only came up with a TD once there.  The ending upset me a lot.  However, this team is moving in the right direction, unless we lose to army.

you cant have enough make up calls to make up for a play like that, it KILLED our momentum.  We had the momentum for most of the second half and really had control of the game until that call

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Remember, the play was Jenkins tipping away the pass -- but they called the interference on Gipson.  Still need to see the replay to be sure... but when you do watch it -- bear in mind that you need to watch Gipson not Jenkins.

Also remember these two parts of the rule: the pass does not have to be intended for the receiver with whom the defender interferes AND interference starts once the pass is thrown, even if it takes a second or two to get there.

And since we're on this subject, the officials blew a call that I know for sure.  PJ did a great pump fake to Peyton, the defender almost stopped Peyton as he tried to do a stop and go fly pattern.  The ball went about 2 yards too far - thanks to the fact that Peyton interefered with by the corner back.

if you are referring to the one on the drive after "the INT" i dont think the ball was catchable, it was too far towards the sideline/out of bounds IMO

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

I assumed you meant the one on their winning drive, where we also had a stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that gave them the ball at the 11... then USM had an 11-yard run for a touchdown.

That play was over the middle, Jenkins tipped it by diving in front of the receiver -- but the penalty was called on Gipson about five yards short of where Jenkins and the intended receiver were.

yeah, i was referring to the no call on Peyton on the next drive.  The no call was a good call, the ball was uncatachable for Peyton

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

We get no home field love from these refs and it seems like we are being penalized a lot more than we deserve. Are we being punished for leaving this conference?  Sorry, very bitter right now and probably too much tailgating.  

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7

As a general rule, C-USA refs suck, and they showed it tonight. Plenty of bad calls and bad no-calls on both sides.

BTW, I also think the pass interference call was a bit iffy, at best.