• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time for Gachette

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

PJ  doesn't have it

this is the same crap they said about banks early last year

these guys are inept

you wait for PJ to develop you will lose most of the games

i would rather givew others a shot

why isn't louis g ready?

funny, fsu's 3rd string qb is ready?

most every other teams 3rd string qb is ready to step in

i haven't seen PJ's great arm strength everyone talks about

he don't have it

more bull hype

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

What are you talking about?  Arm strenght is ALL he has shown so far.  He throws the ball at the ground so hard I'm surprised it doesn't burrow in.

Have you seen his deep ball?  Has it ever been too short?  Not nearly as often as it was too long!

The other posters are likely trying to tell you that Gachette probably looks like PJ and Banks in practice only worse.  Since We keep PJ a while, and he's the best we have until we get a QB who, in your words, "has it", we might as well go with the best (albeit still crappy) QB in our arsenal.  The rest of the team is growing up quick.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

After the game Leavitt said "Pat is our #1 guy." In other words, any thought of the 3rd stringer comin in, is ludicrous.

About Julmiste as a player, he's a deer in the headlights. As I said in a previous thread, he stares down his recievers and telegraphs where he's going with the ball. The late TD he threw, in the back of the endzone, the safety was about .000012 seconds from pickin that ball off. I was sitting right there in the 1st row, and there is no way he saw the safety. No way.

Dont even worry about the #4, 5 or even the checkdown RB in the flat getting the ball, because Julmiste stares down the #1 option and ONLY the #1 option on each play.............waiting for him to get open. Then, he tries to thread the needle, which leads to the 1-hop in the dirt throws or the INTs.

Getting away from the running game WAY too early also didnt help relieve the pressure he was feelin on almost every play.

We were sittin there late sayin, u know, as much as he doesnt look off a reciever, all they have to do is have him pump fake it to one side of the field then completely turn the other way and throw it deep to a streaking reciever down the sideline. At least TRY it.

Or, even a little misdirection........naked bootleg........rollout.........somethin. If there's one thing he is good at, it's using his legs.

Im rambling now........I'll shut up.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

I'm thankful for the few people on this board like S. bien who know ANYTHING about football.  It makes me sick to read the idiotic ramblings from the masses on this board criticizing this team.  

PJ IS A SOPHOMORE!  He will make mistakes.  He shows a lot of positives and hopefully will continue to develop.  He threw a beautiful deep ball off his back foot with the blitz in his face to SJ Green that was dropped.  Remember, the receivers are young too.  I like what I see - the potential is there and with time they will be good.  HAVE SOME **** PATIENCE.

Also, USM's defense isn't too shabby either.

jack bryan or whoever you really are- PJ can't hit open receivers.he doesn't have "it".

your sophomore QB won't be our qb next year because CJL will bring in someone that will take the job from him without a fight. if he doesn't CJL job will on the line.

3 years of an inept offense will not be tolerated by the alumni I assure you

your ramblings about youth and inexperience are  bs excuses for failure.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

It is time for something.

Maybe it is time to teach the receivers to catch with their feet.  PJ and RB seem to throw a lot of balls at their feet.

too funny

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80

Forget Gachette, PJ or Ronnie Banks.  They're not the big problem.  Neither is a lack of talent.  We have plenty of talent and athleticism.  Our biggest problems are Mike Hobbie and Rod Smith.

Regarding Hobbie:

Southern Miss gives up an average of 169 rushing yards per game (that includes our pathetic 55 yards last night).  They only allow 148 yards passing (also including last night).  Common sense would say establish the run to open up the pass (like we did vs. TCU).  Did we do that?  No, of course not.  We went right back to the same old garbage offense which requires our weaknesses (Young QB and Receivers) to win the game.

What happened? 4 INTS.  USM controlling the ball for most of the game and us playing from behind.

Examples?

1st and goal from the 2 and we run a single back, 3 wide receiver set for THREE PLAYS and lose TWO yards at a point in the game where a TD really puts the pressure on USM.  Result a Field Goal.

Once again we pass downfield on 3rd and 2! And end up punting.

Most times that Andre Hall ran the ball, he was alone in the backfield. Even so, he still was 14 for 56 yards (4.0 yards per carry).

Regarding Rod Smith:

How good a QB coach can he be when the development of both Julmiste and Banks has been slow at best?

Basically we are wasting the talent we are recruiting.

I am sick of seeing our offense look pathetic and our defense getting worn out as the game progresses.  

Get rid of both Hobbie and Smith and Hobbie's gimmick offense too.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

*applause*