• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays attendance....

j@yh@wks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

3.  Florida is not really a great state when it comes to pro sports attendance.  If you look at the numbers for most of the FL pro teams attendance is historically pretty bad compared to the rest of the teams in the respective  leagues.  For whatever reason FL is a college football state and not much else  as far as fans support at the stadium.      

I've been to 1 Bucs game (@tenn) a few years ago.  Just happened to be on vacation in Tenn. and a family friend had extra Tenn. Season tickets.

I've been to about 40 USF games.

I've been to 1 Rays game (last year).

I just don't have the drive to go to any other events.  If the Rays go to the playoffs my wife and I said we'll go to at least one game, but outside of that I don't even like baseball.  All my money goes to USF sports, clothes, etc..

I could agree FL is definitely college sports driven.  Apart from maybe the Daytona area, but there are only a few races there a year (I think).

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Are there concrete stats showing how many people drive from Tampa to St. Pete for Rays games, as well as from Pinellas to Tampa for Lightning/Bucs games?

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Lack of $$ is another big reason.  Our area is a two-team size market with 3 teams.  also, we have very few corporate headquarters here.  avg. income is only so-so.

The Tampa>St. Pete deal is like your KC, MO> KC,KS. 

Archived