• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

my thoughts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

As most that know me on here, I am pretty fair with my observations and thoughts, so here is my recap of the entire day.

Those on here that are complaining about the traffic, parking, and long walk to the staudium, you were warned all week and there were many excellent post from UCF people on that situation and where to park.  I can't help it if you can't read or choose not to comprehend.  I will promise you the walk to the stadium in Raliegh for the NC State game will be further. (with hills) 

Tailgating was great.  It was good to see Steve, Kyle and of course Matt and Debbie.  They were surrounded by UCF tailgaters all day (along with a group of USF people) and never had an issue.  Even the bean bag throwing at O'leary was pretty funny.  Matt will even confirm he was welcomed many times by UCF people, including when I took Debbie and him over to the gkc club. 

As for the game,  YUK.... :)  You have a solid team as always.  Your defense is scary good, but what surprised me the most was the passing improvements that Grothe has made with his receivers.  He was on target and seemed alot more patient in the pocket this year.  Yes, he can still run, but he is  developing into one of the  top  college QB's.  Our offensive is well...lacking, but have to attribute that to your defense.  Now, can someone explain to me why on earth would you pass with a 14 point lead with 4 minutes left??? (and running the ball down our throats) And then Punt directly to the only person who had kept us in the game.  Thank you though for making it a closer game than it was.  (hope you betters who took the spread didn't lose much money)

Hope afterwards everyone made it home safely and without issues.  Overall it was a fun day (except for the losing part).

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

My thoughts pretty much echo yours, Lee.  No idea why we didn't run the clock down instead of attempting the pass that led to the INT.

FYI, we got to tour the UCF Arena, and it is a fantastic place!  I hope the SunDome is as nice when they're done renovating it.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf  played like crap

once again we played down to our competition

i blame this poor performance on coaches

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

I agree.  What kind of idiot offensive coordinator runs the SAME play 3 times in overtime?  I've been wondering for 3 years how this guy has kept a job.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I agree.  What kind of idiot offensive coordinator runs the SAME play 3 times in overtime?  I've been wondering for 3 years how this guy has kept a job.

I think Salem did a fairly good job of protecting Greco and putting him in positions to succeed.  The bootlegs, rollouts and short drops helped keep the pass rush off him.  Greco could be effective in a spread-option type attack, but in your offense he does not have the tools to drop back, read a defense and make the right throw.

Archived