• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

15 seconds left

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

USF used all 3 timeouts before then.  The scoreboard was wrong on that.  I think it was the home team scoreboard operator trying to screw us or something.  It took like 5 minutes for them to get those 16 seconds back on the clock too.

• Content Count:  1,479

Leavitt said in the post game show on the radio that we did not have a timeout.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

From what I understand we had no timeouts left.  I think the confusion happened on the 3rd down play where Plancher came up a few inches short (the play before Grothe's 4th down QB sneak).  The reason there was a delay, and hence the confusion, was that we called a timeout as soon as that play was over, but the clock kept rolling.  The refs reviewed the play to determine exactly when the timeout was called and what the remaining time was.  If you recall, they put about 13 seconds back on the clock at that point.

If there was truly a timeout left before the kick, shame on the coaches for not knowing the situation.  Regardless, they could have taken another shot at the endone or throw a pass past the first down markers or sideline with 15 secs left.  If the pass is incomplete there is still time for a kick.  If you get a first down the clock stops.

In any event, another sign of poor clock management down the stretch.

• Content Count:  114

Levitt said in his post game locker room interview on the radio that we did not have any timeouts left.

• Content Count:  1,629

We should of run a fake. LSU pulled a fake fg, kicker run or when Rutgers pulled the fake fg, qb rollout pass against us. Thats what we need to do. Alverado is garbage and it may give us a better chance to score/get a first down

• Content Count:  883

At some point on the TV coverage I think ESPN took the timeout away and then suddenly it was back.

Hmm... I guess the only way we'd know is if someone took the time to watch it again (bleh).

Scoreboards can be wrong--especially in the trampoline.

Yeah watching the highlights on Sportscenter made me feel like I had to vomit again.  I don't think I can watch this game again.

Agree.  I'm not watching it again either.  I think I'll probably even erase it from the DVR today.

• Content Count:  1,894

fakes give the idea of desperation. We shouldnt resort to faking anything until we have to. We need to kick the field goal like any real football team. We just need to get alvarado out of there. What is it going to take us losing the most important games for this to change?....

Archived