• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heard O'Leary on....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Speaking Tampa radio...I heard Steve Duemig playing the UCF fight song this afternoon during his show as an intro after a commercial...I was like..."Hey...I know that tune....Yeah!"  He mentioned the fight song and said that UCF would be missing number 24 this season.

On to Silly-O.  I like that he's a fan of football and at least he went to a florida school when talking FL college football...but he's wayyy too biased of a Miami fan.  He does give props to the Bucs, though.  But I wish he'd quit with the Yankee talk and constant updates...he thinks that the majority of fans down here are from NY or something!!  There are some NY people here...but it's our teams first and there's more Floridians in Tampa/Orlando than New Yorkers.  Ugh!  He also said that Miami's 47k at the game last night was weak (for 5 time national champs...I agree)...but then said that real college games gave 75-90k at games.  Although that's exciting...it wasn't until recently that Notre Dame expanded past 50k.  There's a very small handful of teams that get 75-90k a game.  Boston College only holds 40k or so....Rutgers around 50k.  Man...I remember back in the day if the Bucs had 50k...it was a good crowd!!     :D

Notre Dame stadium held 59.5k, and was expanded in 1994 to go to 85k.  I suppose that's recent when referring to ND history, but in terms of the ubber stadiums that have been built or expanded ND is in-line in timing with all the rest.  BTW, ND's is expandable and they could go up to 100k.

ND is a has been...nobody cares anymore.  They're NAVY with TV.

nd will be back on top l again

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Speaking Tampa radio...I heard Steve Duemig playing the UCF fight song this afternoon during his show as an intro after a commercial...I was like..."Hey...I know that tune....Yeah!"  He mentioned the fight song and said that UCF would be missing number 24 this season.

On to Silly-O.  I like that he's a fan of football and at least he went to a florida school when talking FL college football...but he's wayyy too biased of a Miami fan.  He does give props to the Bucs, though.  But I wish he'd quit with the Yankee talk and constant updates...he thinks that the majority of fans down here are from NY or something!!  There are some NY people here...but it's our teams first and there's more Floridians in Tampa/Orlando than New Yorkers.  Ugh!  He also said that Miami's 47k at the game last night was weak (for 5 time national champs...I agree)...but then said that real college games gave 75-90k at games.  Although that's exciting...it wasn't until recently that Notre Dame expanded past 50k.  There's a very small handful of teams that get 75-90k a game.  Boston College only holds 40k or so....Rutgers around 50k.  Man...I remember back in the day if the Bucs had 50k...it was a good crowd!!    :D

Notre Dame stadium held 59.5k, and was expanded in 1994 to go to 85k.  I suppose that's recent when referring to ND history, but in terms of the ubber stadiums that have been built or expanded ND is in-line in timing with all the rest.  BTW, ND's is expandable and they could go up to 100k.

Close...

From 1966 to 1997...ND's official stadium attendance was always 59,075.

In 1997...about 21,000 seats were added to the new "upper ring" around the stadium which brought ND's Stadium to 80,795.

No clue if/when it will be expanded again...as ND sometimes moves a lot "slower" than the rest of the Athletic World (i.e. ND Stadium didn't even have lights for night games till 1982).

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

He also said that Miami's 47k at the game last night was weak (for 5 time national champs...I agree)...but then said that real college games gave 75-90k at games.  Although that's exciting...it wasn't until recently that Notre Dame expanded past 50k.  There's a very small handful of teams that get 75-90k a game.  Boston College only holds 40k or so....Rutgers around 50k.  Man...I remember back in the day if the Bucs had 50k...it was a good crowd!!    :D

Here are the teams that averaged over 75,000 per game last year:

Michigan  110,264

Penn State  108,917

Ohio State  105,110

Tennesse  103,918

Georgia  92,746

LSU  92,619

Bama  92,138

Florida  90,388

USC  97,476

Texas  85,144

Oklahoma  84,859

Auburn  84,689

Nebraska  84,501

Texas A&M  82,207

Wisconsin  81,747

Clemson  81,335

Notre Dame  80,821

Florida State  80,597

South Carolina 78,467

UCLA  76,379

By Conference:

SEC: 7 conference members averaged at least 78,000 plus per game.

Big 10: Had 3 conf members average at least 100,000 plus per game and another one averaged 81,000 plus per game.

Big 12: Had 4 conf members average at least 82,000 plus fans per game.

Pac 10: Had 2 teams average over 76,000 per game

ACC: Had 2 teams average over 80,000 plus per game

Last team on the above list...Independent: Notre Dame

Archived