• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ft Myers News Press College Preview....USF owns 1st 3 pages!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

Woo! Being from the Fort myself, it is awesome to see us represented.

Naples and Immokalee aren't really Fort Myers....It's like saying someone from Bradenton and someone from Anna Maria are from Tampa....they're not even in the same county. I'm not trying to be nitpicky, haha, sorry if it sounds that way.  :)

Anyhow! Great to see some good coverage coming out of the NP. I noted that the Leroy Selmon's in FoMy was playing the TN-Martin game which is awesome! Good chance for our alums to get together.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293

Woo! Being from the Fort myself, it is awesome to see us represented.

Naples and Immokalee aren't really Fort Myers....It's like saying someone from Bradenton and someone from Anna Maria are from Tampa....they're not even in the same county. I'm not trying to be nitpicky, haha, sorry if it sounds that way.  :)

yea but the News-Press still covers those areas. 

• Content Count:  7,890

Taurus Johnson - Cape Coral

Nate Allen - Cape Coral

Quenton Washington - North Ft. Myers

Tyson Butler - Cypress Lake

Moise Plancher - Naples

Louis Gachette - Immokolee

Mike Padilla - Cape Coral

i always thought richard kelly was from ft myers....

nope he is from Bushnell the same town as Moffit

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

When Immokolee and Naples win State Titles the News-Press usually has a big deal about it.

I just went to. 7-11, Publix, Walgreens, CVS, Sweetbay and a Shell before I found an open store with today's paper.  Got the last one at Shell.

• Content Count:  7,890

Dont fool yourself FT Myers has had kids going to D-I programs for years. Also when papers outside the Bay Area cover the Bulls better that the trib and times it is a reason to bring (knock on them) them up

maybe you shouldnt fool yourself.  i am from ft myers i can name a pretty long list about guys making splashes in D-1 football that are from there.  my point was...NEVER has 1 BCS team had as MANY kids as USF.

i remember when jammi germen when to Miami and everyone thought he was gonna be the next Deion.

also cliff robertson came from baron collier and when to Auburn.

or when Earnest when to UF.

Eligh Hicks went to UF but then ended up at USF.

i went to school with Ant and he was the BENCHMARK for USF recruiting down there.

so trust me...im not "fooling" myself.

im just saying...keep this thread about what a great job the Ft Myers newspress is doing and not what times or trib could do.

We will agree to disagree. All I am saying is that I am upset that a FT. Myers paper is covering the Bulls more than both local newspapers. Kudos to the Ft. Myers paper for doing a great job.

No Hard feelings my Bull Brother.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

USF has the cover and two pages inside.  FSU, Miami, UF and UCF all have a page.  FAU, FIU share a page, along with blurbs about BCU, FAMU, Edward Waters, Jacksonville.

Archived